Putting America First: Tom Brady, 2012!

20151026-brady-jacket-603.jpg

Putting America First
Tom Brady, 2012!

"Now, a lot of you saw that tweet - i'm sure most of the world saw it - and were wondering, 'Is Tommy serious?' and the reason i've called this conference today is to let you all know that yes, I am serious. I am running for President. This is why I have suspended my career in the NFL - because, despite my love for Football, I have a duty as a citizen of the United States. That duty is to my country. That duty is to fix the problems that we have faced in the recent years - to fix the problems that Barrack Obama has caused. We used to be great! We used to succeed, people! And now, and now we are being surpassed. China and India are slowly attempting to usurp our role as the leading nation of the world. Islamic terrorists plague our world - Bin Laden may have been caught, but there are more out there! There are many, many more out there. And though I may not be some Washington bigwig who was mayor of some little town in Alabama before rising up the ranks of the Grand Old Clique, I am a citizen of the United States of America. A successful citizen, at that. I have succeeded time and time again. And America is going to succeed at everything she does. We are going to stop putting other countries in front of us. We are going to stop letting China and India and anyone else overpass us in greatness. We're going to put America first, people! We're gonna put America first!"

The first speech by Tom Brady after tweeting his official entry to the 2012 Presidential election, during a press conference in Los Angelos, CA.

--​

No, just no. This is not a world I'd want to live in. Instead of hail to the chief, we'd have hail to the crybaby.

My personal dislike of Brady aside, for this timeline I'd imagine that his opponents are going to hit him hard on his age and inexperience.

Good luck with the TL though. Should be an interesting read.

PS. Peyton for VP?

No, just no. This is not a world I'd want to live in. Instead of hail to the chief, we'd have hail to the crybaby.

My personal dislike of Brady aside, for this timeline I'd imagine that his opponents are going to hit him hard on his age and inexperience.

Good luck with the TL though. Should be an interesting read.

PS. Peyton for VP?

I wonder how many Spygate jokes will be made? Is Brady still playing football after he announces this?

Curt Schilling for VP, obviously. Just drag him out of 38 Studios before Kingdoms of Amalur is released to avoid having him as a liability.

I predict a record Republican defeat in New York with a Brady/Schilling ticket.

For my take:

I can see him as a spoiler in Iowa, that turns the neck-and-neck finish into a few-point Romney victory that knocks Santorum out and thus gets rid of the most credible upstart, enabling him to clinch the nomination earlier. Beyond that, I don't know.

If he doesn't make it to the actual voting, at best he's a small Herman Cain-style flash in the pan (that Romney bulldozes if his lead stays up), and at worst a tiny footnote.

This is an interesting idea,although I doubt Brady would've made that much headway in the 2012 race,i'll keep reading.