Protect and Survive: A Timeline

Just finished this TL, and wow, what an amazing read! The author did a great job combining the personal stories with the wider scope/academic bits. I especially liked the streams of consciousness, the writing style here is really interesting. The part where the Pilot is forced to bomb Munich was intense as hell; and I’m glad the Constable got a happy ending even if it was a bit cheesy.

Surprised the thread is still “active” nearly a decade after it began.

Just finished this TL, and wow, what an amazing read! The author did a great job combining the personal stories with the wider scope/academic bits. I especially liked the streams of consciousness, the writing style here is really interesting. The part where the Pilot is forced to bomb Munich was intense as hell; and I’m glad the Constable got a happy ending even if it was a bit cheesy.

Surprised the thread is still “active” nearly a decade after it began.

Well, it is damn good. Protect and Survive is probably the best in the genre, excepting perhaps 'Fatherland'. It's right up there in Chernobyl for making me feel suicidal.

After reading Protect & Survive and its spin-offs, I can say at least the P&S universe is more hopeful than the 1983: Doomsday universe over the wiki. The fact the United States does not collapse and WWIII formally ends earlier gives this TL a hopeful and optimistic outlook even if the neutrals got bombed.

After reading Protect & Survive and its spin-offs, I can say at least the P&S universe is more hopeful than the 1983: Doomsday universe over the wiki. The fact the United States does not collapse and WWIII formally ends earlier gives this TL a hopeful and optimistic outlook even if the neutrals got bombed.

I think a lot of that is the long lead up to the bombs flying, it gave all sides prep time so there is more continuity of government and services.

Artaxerxes

Banned
If anyone is still in touch with the author I'd love them to persuade him up publish this.

Either self published for an ebook or with Sealion Press (for that sweet hard copy version)