Proselytizing Zionists

What if the Zionists try to convert the Palestinians to Judaism, overturning Judaism's reluctance towards conversion on the basis that "it was a necessary evil when we were ghetto-dwellers and dhimmis - now not any more..."

What if the Zionists try to convert the Palestinians to Judaism, overturning Judaism's reluctance towards conversion on the basis that "it was a necessary evil when we were ghetto-dwellers and dhimmis - now not any more..."

On the one hand it would be extremely interesting. On the other hand, I can't see it being terribly successful. I mean - take your usual Abrahamic distaste for apostasy, mix in social resentment, racial prejudice and cultural identity issues and you have what made the Jews of Cologne and Trier commit mass suicide rather than accept forced baptism in the 11th century. Why should the Palestinians be different in that regard?

I do wonder, though, how it would affect Israel if the state's religious authorites accepted and indeed, favoured conversion to Judaism. You probably wouldn't see a whole lot of Palestinians converting (and neither would it likely do much good), but the number of converts from African countries would probably be significant. They may have to stop Aliyah, or make it a variety of political asylum.

Aint gonna happen due to one reason: religion doesn't really matter in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I can give examples of Arabs who support Israel and Israelis who support the Arabs...