Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Proposals for a border between British Egypt and the Ottoman Empire prior to the 1902 arbitration, which set the border we know today between the Levant proper and the Sinai.

images

I found a version which I think is a bit better than this map here: https://www.durham.ac.uk/media/durh.../boundary-amp-territory-briefings/btb_1-8.pdf

The map is on page 4, the explanation about the Jennings-Bramly proposal and why it was refused by the British (the line wasn't straight enough) is on page 7. I've attached the map from page 4, just in case.

Attachments

• Sinai.png
    Sinai.png
    289.5 KB · Views: 191
apparently
If you want to learn more about the NAARP I'd reccomend looking at these two documents:
https://archive.org/details/s-0271-0001-04-000012278 (for this only the first dozen pages are actually relevant)

and

I remember seeing some maps of Tecumseh's Confederacy which included a strip of land in Canada basically around the Great Lakes. Was there any basis for that? I read a book about the confederacy (warrior and the prophet) but it never mentioned it.
I remember seeing some maps showing that region was Ojibwe territory in the late 1700s, so perhaps if they were part of his coalition it would be. But I'm not sure.

But Mozambique would no longer be in Mozambique.
Yup, I do find that kinda funny that Rumbezia would have a better claim to the name of Mozambique as opposed to the actual Mozambique.

My original post did also misinterpret the stuff I was reading, the UNAR/UNAMO was one of the parties that formed RENAMO but they dropped the Rumbezia idea pretty fast, the PIDE folder makes very little mention of it; so as far as I can tell RENAMO never actually proposed a split country, the only ones who did were the UNAR and they were functionally a puppet group of Hastings Banda who wanted to do some weird meme of a Greater Malawi.

Yup, I do find that kinda funny that Rumbezia would have a better claim to the name of Mozambique as opposed to the actual Mozambique.

My original post did also misinterpret the stuff I was reading, the UNAR/UNAMO was one of the parties that formed RENAMO but they dropped the Rumbezia idea pretty fast, the PIDE folder makes very little mention of it; so as far as I can tell RENAMO never actually proposed a split country, the only ones who did were the UNAR and they were functionally a puppet group of Hastings Banda who wanted to do some weird meme of a Greater Malawi.
And Banda may have been well aware of the Maravi Empire's possible historical reach including the areas of northern Mozambique in question.

And Banda may have been well aware of the Maravi Empire's possible historical reach including the areas of northern Mozambique in question.
Yeah he specifically chose the name because of that; what I was reading in the PIDE files and some other stuff that UNAR/UNAMO was pretty much entirely held up by exiled opposition and refugees that Banda got together to prevent any kind of communist state on his doorstep, I believe he was attempting the thing Erdoğan is trying at present with the buffer state in Syria he can resettle refugees in.