Preserving knowledge...

Okay, this is inspired by some less-weird parts of 'Resistance to die-off' thread...

Kath commented this morning that Ebola count is up through 200 and 90+ % mortality-- but based on small sample...

So, in (unlikely ;-) event that it breaks free, how should I put my library into storage ??

I know basic stuff about mould-killer, bug-spray and a knotted-cloth bag with bi-carb soda to delay acid-paper self-destruct...

And, I've enough sense to find a cache-site that will *still* be above water-table when the drains fail...

Also, I'd add multiple copies of 'kids stuff' kindegarten-upwards school books, pocket dictionaries etc and el-cheapo solar-powered sum-adder calculators to bootstrap the heavy stuff... and LOTS of chalk & pencils, squeezy torches, stainless-steel kitchen implements, multi-tools etc etc.

Without access to welding & inert-gas-flush equipment, I was considering the armoured cases used by expeditions & film crews. Low-tech version is nested plastic drums, spaced with cement...

I'm in urban environment, would be trapped ~ 400 miles from any 'isolated' kin, but my collection of antigens would give me as good a chance as any...

That's providing I don't succumb to Survivor's Guilt after losing umpteen kin when either a bug gets them or their pills run out...

Which reminds me to stock up on Aspirin, Paracetamol, hay-fever pills, multi-vitamins, disinfectant-tablets, sterile dressings and first-aid booklets. Here-abouts we can't get antibiotics off-script...

A dry cave. Acid free paper. Lots of children's readers. Working metal educational toys like electric motors with galvanic batteries and replacement electrodes and salt. That's copper salt and zinc strips. (or is it zinc salts and copper strips?)
Knives and saws and mirrors as the bribe for people to pay attention to it.