Pop Culture Challenge: Alien vs. Predator series incorporated into both canons:

Spoilers!

As we have recently seen, both Prometheus and Predators have chosen to effectively ignore the two Alien vs. Predator movies. Which is pretty sad, considering that the Dark Horse comic series that provided the original crossover in the first place was incredible. Unfortunately, the two movies suffered from three major problems:

1: Being set on early 21st century Earth,and

2: Being made as action heavy popcorn flicks with minimum character development, and

3: Having no one at all involved from either franchise, and no fans of the Dark Horse comic either.

The question becomes: what must it take to create an Alien vs. Predator movie franchise so artistically excellent and profitable that Mike Finch, Alex Young, and the Scott brothers have no choice but to incorporate them (or at least not directly contradict them) into the subsequent productions of Predators and Prometheus?

Last edited:
I dunno, a screenplay written by someone who can write would be a start. Plus, I kind of think that they were too Predator heavy in the series. It was like the Predators were just far Superior that the aliens. I know the ending of first one evened it out, but it never felt like a life and death war for survival for both species. Rather, it seemed like a hunting trip gone awry for the Predators. But your right, any film based on a comic needs to stay true to the source material. That's why folks loved Batman and hated Catwoman

Base it off the early dark horse issues. That should make things ten times better. Any sequel could be based on "war" and then a third movie could be based on the recent "three world war" series. I doubt the Claremont maxi series (deadlest of species) would fit since it seems out of continuity with the others but thats three films right there.:)

So who do we need to produce and direct it? Write the screenplay? Can Geiger be lured back to do some artwork?