Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup :) i saw it on the main site of a forum that i frequent, Jurassic Park Legacy. thats also where the labeling of "Velociraptor antirrhopus 'sornaensis'" comes from. the basic theory is that the differences between the raptors seen in JP1 & TLW and those seen in JP3 essentially mean that there are two subspecies of the same genus. i used this to my own advantage in an RPG on that sight where my dinosaur character was a hybrid of the two subspecies :)

if i find any other pics like that, ill be sure to post them

Actually, wasn't there something in the novel version of Jurassic Park about the scientists deliberately tweaking the dinosaurs genetically to make them more like what the tourists would expect to see, on the basis that "we're in the entertainment business"? I seem to remember something about the dinosaurs moving "too fast" and "not looking real" etc. So maybe scaly Velociraptors tested better with the focus group than the feathered ones did? :D

MrP

Banned
Actually, wasn't there something in the novel version of Jurassic Park about the scientists deliberately tweaking the dinosaurs genetically to make them more like what the tourists would expect to see, on the basis that "we're in the entertainment business"? I seem to remember something about the dinosaurs moving "too fast" and "not looking real" etc. So maybe scaly Velociraptors tested better with the focus group than the feathered ones did? :D

Wu suggested it to Hammond, further backing up his position by pointing out that they'd already fiddled with their DNA to get as far as they had. Hammond was against it.

Vexacus

Banned
A Different Caption On A Previously Posted Pic XV:

A Japanese Me-662 tactical fighter circa 1971 on aproach to Taiwan's main airport in 1971, shortly after the Japanese Empire agreed to the newly independant Republic of Taiwan's request for protection against it's fromer Chinese masters:
me6629tc.jpg

Vexacus

Banned
Rescue forces from the United States and Japanese Empire heading to Miami after Chinese kinetic warhead was detonated above downtown Miami. The subsequent retalliotory stike by the United States and Japanese Empire forced the capitulation of Beijing and the fall of communisim in Asia:
tiberium-wars_1147404940.jpg

Vexacus

Banned
As the tensions between Washington and Beijing continue to rise, Beijing suggests that tensions would be diffused by the US adopting a less Sinophobic attitude. They suggest the first step in reducing American-Chinese Tensions would be the United States incorporating the Chinese flag onto the Star and Stripes:
jnen197l.png

Vexacus

Banned
A screen shot of the broadcast made by Emperor Makoto Yoshiro to the United States, demanding that the United States surrender to the Empire of the Rising Sun:
337021-command-conquer-red-alert-3-premier-edition-windows-screenshot.jpg

Rescue forces from the United States and Japanese Empire heading to Miami after Chinese kinetic warhead was detonated above downtown Miami. The subsequent retalliotory stike by the United States and Japanese Empire forced the capitulation of Beijing and the fall of communisim in Asia:
tiberium-wars_1147404940.jpg

What exactly does detonating a kinetic weapon in the air do? Since you know...the damage caused by a kinetic weapon is based on it hitting the ground, not exploding...?

yes, but that's mixing canons :D

Vexacus

Banned
Scientists posing near the San Andreas fault shortly after it ruptured, forming a new river, not a normal river but a river of lava:
105_05.jpg

I know the science is off on this, but 'tis the best I could do

Vexacus

Banned
A sattelite image taken showing the begining of the end for the Japanese Home Islands. The evacuation of Japanese citizens from their doomed nation has created a refugee crisis unlike any seen before or will ever be seen. President-Elect Jonjo Wilson promises to set-aside the Baja Peninsula as a 'New home for the Japanese people'. The Baja-California penisula was aquire from Mexico by President-Elect Wilson's predecessor, President McCain:
sinkingofjapanhdtvrex26qi9.jpg

Vexacus

Banned
A sattelite image showing the Union Split narrow inland sea for the first time in full color. The river was formed millions of years ago when a 10.5 earth-quake split North America in two from the Gulf of Mexico right through to Canada:
1006_9_large.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.