Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo Caesius

Banned
How about this one?

islam.gif

tetsu-katana said:
British voidnaut Sir Edmund Alford peers at the Union Jack with honour after becoming the first human to walk on the moon in 1956. :D

intrepid5nb.jpg

Any other requests? :cool:

it's very nice photoshopping, but the british flag is "waving in the wind". and IIRC there is no air in space.

N-reD said:
it's very nice photoshopping, but the british flag is "waving in the wind". and IIRC there is no air in space.

The original U.S. flag on the moon had a fake 'wave' effect put on the flag to give it a natural look, IIRC. It's one of those 'proofs that man didn't walk on the moon' urban legends that crop up every now and then that sounds vaguely plausiable until you know the whole story.

Hmmmm...going to try making a fake photo myself.....

Last edited:
N-reD said:

Yeah, I know. It was the best I could do on short notice.

Plus, it's a little difficult to find a photo of the Union Jack that isn't waving in the wind.

Maybe he smacked it.

Guys & Gals : Why not use the works of Harry Turtledove (i.e. How Few Remain & Great War Series) to provide inspiration for more photos ? ;)

Such as the US Navy's attack on the British Fleet at Pearl Harbour in 1914 ?

Dogfights between US & Canuck fighters over the Great Lakes ?

Custers attack upon Gordon's Column in Manitoba ?

Confederates attack US Forces in Mexico ?

Confederate Aircraft Bomb Rememberance Day Parade Goes in Philly ?

Teddy Roosevelt at the Front in 1915 ?

The Coloured Uprising in the South during 1915 ? :eek:

Apparently related to the article I posted in 'Alternate Newspapers': the Soviet Regional HQ in Detroit.

Detroit-1.jpg

Last edited:
tetsu-katana said:
Bah! It needs a gargantuan hammer and sickle flag billowing down the side!
And block all the windows? :)
Chris Oakley said:
And scowling guards.Don't forget the scowling guards. :D
What? The tank isn't enough? :rolleyes:
Wendell said:
Nice work, but the architecture seems too far-fetched to be Soviet.
That's the Renaissance Center in Detroit. Why build something new when you can appropriate what you find?

This is the logo of Marx and Spencer, a large chain of English stores. One of the founders, Mr. (later Sir) Karl Marx was a German of Jewish descent who, after a falling out with his family, emigrated to England where he settled in the town of Leeds.

Marx and Spencer remain at the head of the field in marketing various products, ranging from clothes to food, to the middle classes. Though they have a somewhat stodgy image, they remain a respectable chain, known for quality.

M&S.jpg

Here is my crappy attempt....

Chancellor Hitler and HRH Edward VIII tour Paris after the successful invasion of France by Anglo-German forces...

Paris.jpg

I didn't really think of the story. Here is a fast and furious one.

Edward tells Wallis to bugger off in December 1936. He tells her that his duty to the Empire is greater than love. Edward visits Germany in 1937, making England and Germany feel kinda good to each other. Political unrest in England in 1938 due to the cuddling relationship between the Empire and the Reich. Through political play connected to Edward, Mosley becomes PM in mid 1938. Formal alliance made between Germany and England in September 1938 in Munich. Germany and England invade France in September 1939. Western Europe will be conqoured first before the Anglo-Germanic-Italian alliance turns eastward towards the Soviet Union. Soviet Union defeated and turned into a rump nation. Germany and England then turn on Italy, and eventually Spain.

Would it be worth developing into a TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.