PC: The Kingdom Of Pamplona as a great power

What if Sancho III (another one of those The Greats) had not divided his realm equally among his three sons? Or what if he only had one son?
Would the basque-dominated Kingdom Of Pamplona take Castile's role as major driving force of the iberian reconquista?
What are the effects on basque culture?

Bump... no thoughts?
I have more questions than knowlege, but i'm sure that Castile, along its language (which would become spanish), would fall into secondary status against the basques. Though i'm unsure of how much hegemony the basque language can attain.
I also don't know what the effects are on the spanish march, at this time still controlled by West Francia.

Since 987, when Borrel II of Barcelona ignores Hugh Capet's demands to swear loyalty to him as the new king, Barcelona was pretty much away from any direct influence from France.

If Sancho III manages to have just one son, that does not guarantee that some other kings will divide the realm among his sons, as it happened after the death of Alfonso VII, for instance.

The influence of the basque language? Just look what happened with the Visigoths and the Normans...