PC: Christian sect venerating carpentry

It's commonly accepted that Jesus was a carpenter by trade. So I've always wondered why there was never a Christian sect that viewed carpentry as a pietistic practice, seeking to become more like Christ by doing what he did to earn a living. This probably wouldn't be a denomination in its own right - in fact, one variation could easily be a Catholic or Orthodox monastic order that practiced carpentry as a means of bringing in income for the monastery. There have been far more bizarre practices and it's the sort of thing that would probably be accepted even by those who don't practice it.

The closest thing I can think of is the Freemasons, and to be honest, it's a pretty cool idea.

Wandering carpenter monks sounds awesome. Maybe they fix people's housing like "Holmes on Homes"

I'm also imagining a few particularly pious rulers taking up carpentry but not being very good, leading to other rulers being quietly displeased when the Duke of Bavaria's wedding gift is a chair that falls apart if a mouse climbs onto it.

I'm also imagining a few particularly pious rulers taking up carpentry but not being very good, leading to other rulers being quietly displeased when the Duke of Bavaria's wedding gift is a chair that falls apart if a mouse climbs onto it.
the Wittelsbachs obligated their sons (all of them, not just the spares) to learn a "trade" OTL. ICR if it was Ludwig III or Crown Prince Rupprecht who chose carpentry for the very reason that the OP mentions

Reminds me of Emperor Tianqi who really only cared about carpentry