paulus en veleda

We start when Paulus returned to Jerusalem from his missionary journeys in Asia Minor. He meets Jakobus, who has a question for him. "I heard that you have been advising the Jews in the diaspora not to circumsize their children. Say it's not true. To show it's mot true to support a join four people who are taking a nazarite vow."
The nazarite processs was to take seven days. (POD) Om the fourth day of the nazarite process, Jakobus received a copy of Galatians, which said that circumcision was foolish for people who had not already been circumcized. Since jewish boys are not born circumsized, this was disturbing.
He then called Paulus into his office. "Paulus, are Jewish boys born circumcized?" Paulus answered, "no why?" "I have this letter in which you write that it is foolish for people to be circumcized who are not circumcized already. Does this not include Jewish babies? This is the substance of the rumor that I was talking about."
"I didn't really mean it that way".
"Then I want you to write a retraction right now saying that all jewish bous should continue to be circumcized. And if this gets out, it will be dangerous for you in Jerusalem. You should leave as soon as possible on one of your missions."
"Where should I go, Jakobus?'
"On your previous journeys you have always been stirring up trouble with the Jews. I want you to go to Batavia. It's on the edge of the empire, and few if any Jews live there.
So Paulus took a ship Kaisaria to Spain, where he stayed for one week. He then took another ship to Batavia, between the Rhine and the Waal.