Pakistan gets Aden in '47, India gets Burma?

Lets say the 1937 realignment does not happen and Aden and Burma continue to be ruled from British India.
When it comes to '47, how does this affect the two countries?

Even if in 1947, Aden is still being ruled from British India, it makes no sense for the British administration to package what were essentially archaic administrative conveniences from the colonial period with decolonising states. Furthermore, why would Pakistan want Aden? It offers them little and undermines their anti-colonial credibility. As for Burma, I could see India being allocated Burma but I still think it would be very unlikely. At best, I can see some sort of federation being imposed, which then quickly collapses.

Pakistan has spent a hell of a lot of time and effort trying to keep India away from Aden OTL.
It basically controls approaches from the Red Sea to the Arabian Sea. Pakistan Navy spends pretty much all of its limited blue water capabiity in that region. So, yeah I expect Pakistan would be pretty chuffed to get Aden.

Khanzeer

Banned
Pakistan has spent a hell of a lot of time and effort trying to keep India away from Aden OTL.
It basically controls approaches from the Red Sea to the Arabian Sea. Pakistan Navy spends pretty much all of its limited blue water capabiity in that region. So, yeah I expect Pakistan would be pretty chuffed to get Aden.
but how would you convince the people of Aden to join pakistan ? based on what formula ?
More likely Pakistan has a case to get J & M state

And Pakistani navy in 50s to 80s was minuscule compared to India and hardly even green water ( let alone blue water) , it would be a waste of resources to govern a far flung outpost like Aden in addition to E Pakistan

but how would you convince the people of Aden to join pakistan ? based on what formula ?

Well, I cannot imagine that Aden was especially densely populated at that point in time. Would it not have been possible for Pakistan to just flood the territory with settlers? This would not have been that far off from what actually happened in our timeline. There is a significant Pakistani diaspora in the Gulf today as the result of immigration.

Even by British decolonisation standards you’d have to be pretty drunk to look at a map and think Bangladesh, Pakistan and a chunk of Yemen roll together to make a fine socio-economic unit.

Mind you it’s only a relatively small step beyond the bonkers East & West Pakistan that happened OTL, so if we assume somebody in the colonial office is trolling, it could happen.

It's highly unlikely the Aung San or any of the Bamar nationalists would allow a federation with India after the war. The minorities may be ok with it as long as they get more autonomy than what the Burmese promised them. Indeed they may support the notion of a faraway Delhi, being ruled by the pluralist INC, exerting little practical control, over a nationalistic Bamar government on their doorstep.

And Pakistani navy in 50s to 80s was minuscule compared to India and hardly even green water ( let alone blue water) , it would be a waste of resources to govern a far flung outpost like Aden in addition to E Pakistan
Neither country had much of a Navy in the immdiate post War senaro. The Royal Indian Navy had only begun to be built up from 42 onwards. Aden would probably get the rather large force of 4 engined bombers that the RAF left behind, like Liberators and Halifaxes........ most of which the PAF simply discarded as unneeded.