OTL Map Thread Mk IV., 2014-

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...ative-american-tribes-youve-never-seen-before

http://www.npr.org/assets/news/2014/06/Tribal_Nations_Map_NA.pdf

http://www.npr.org/assets/news/2014/06/Tribal_Map_Mexico.pdf

Just came across this interesting map. It attempts to map all the native American peoples according to their endonyms and original pre-Colombus homelands.

Huh, I was taught in school that the Karankawa went all the way North to almost the Texas-Louisiana border.

I made a (hopefully not too horrible) patch for Doggerland in 16.000 BC. It was based on this image I found on the net. Rivers in grey.

Doggerland internet inspired map worlda..png

Do we have a map of the current chaos across the middle east?

I don't think anyone's been making multiple updated maps on a monthly or every few month basis; the GCS maps for 2014 and 2015 do show the situation in Iraq and Syria though; the situation in Yemen is not shown on them as I do not show internal civil wars (IE in which two or more sides are seeking power within the state as opposed to the creation of new polities).

Some old maps of Argentina, from the national archives and other sources. Some of them wouldn't be hard to be converted into a worlda. The first one is from 1859, just before the end of the Civil Wars

mapa-historico-argentina-chile-4557045jpg.jpg

12348149_1111273658897849_2967640331520899031_n.jpg

11109180_1000309906660892_7724721751738571168_o.jpg

This one is a bit weird: it's an alternate proposal for the Argentine provinces. The map is wonky in many places, and the borders make little sense. The source is the official General National Archives facebook page, and I couldn't find more about it.

10313129_938521089506441_2932242504349475633_n.jpg

Virtually all Argentine maps made before 1900 have inconsistent borders, and some even include territories that were renounced by that time or do not include territories like Patagonia. Provinces like Jujuy shuffle in and out of existance. It's a mess.

Virtually all Argentine maps made before 1900 have inconsistent borders, and some even include territories that were renounced by that time or do not include territories like Patagonia. Provinces like Jujuy shuffle in and out of existance. It's a mess.

Tell me about it, though there's some very good Spanish-Language Wikipedia articles on the territorial evolution of several Latin American countries.

Luxembourg has communes below the cantons too. In fact, it's rather a lot bigger than the microstates it's generally lumped in with, although obviously still smaller than most other countries.

Here's the GCS for January 1st-ish 2016;

Showing;
-The IS presence in Libya.
-The changes in the Levantine theater.
-The IS presence in Yemen.
-Correction to Bermuda (it was slightly to big previously).
-Minor correction to the Western Libyan border.
-Added Chile's color to show its non-obvious islands.

Aside from adding color changes to my other history series maps (2009 onward) I need to change the claim line colors in Antarctica to show Chile's color rather than the grey 'other claimant state' color and I've been trying to come-up with a good Territory color for the BOTs, since they have just as much, if not more autonomy than their American counterparts, who have a Territory color.

EDIT: See my next post for further updated map.

Last edited: