How's the Start?

• Total voters
Post war German-Austrian relationship is going to be shaky, stab in the back myth is going to run deep in german people's mind, which is bad if extreme nationalist group came to power. Also TTL great war would last much shorter, as I don't think CP can survive past 1917, much less damage and casualities is always a good thing.
a stab in the back myth regarding austria in italy and germany is very probable.

German military failed badly here it would be interesting to see the reforms they go for post-war. Abandon the navy as it failed, and rebuild the military even more. Ironically if russia doesn't collapse i can see British German reapproachment as Russia will be the main threat.

German military failed badly here it would be interesting to see the reforms they go for post-war. Abandon the navy as it failed, and rebuild the military even more. Ironically if russia doesn't collapse i can see British German reapproachment as Russia will be the main threat.
post-war reforms will be made yes

So the Germans will consider it was Austrians that stabbed them in the back rather than Jews?

Austria out means war is far shorter. Which might mean reparations aren't Versailles like, which might stave off massive resentment that German's felt with rest of the world.

So is the German monarchy going to remain for now or we seeing a revolution in Germany too?

Last edited:
So the Germans will consider it was Austrians that stabbed them in the back rather than Jews?
mostly yes
Austrian out means war is far shorter. Which might mean reparations aren't Versailles like, which might stave off massive resentment that German's felt with rest of the world.
most will think it is germany's fault. After all it was a crisis within their border that started the war
So is the German monarchy going to remain for now or we seeing a revolution in Germany too?
We'll see!

The Arabian had been one hot mess after another. I wonder about Wahhabism? Has it spilled over from the Peninsula to other Muslim powers?

Map of world end of 1916
b.png

This is the state of the world by the end of 1916.
The Russians have recovered some land, the Philippines is in revolt, and Sardinia has been captured.

Hopefully germany doesn't lose the prussian land the eastern border is visually nice. Alsace lorriane lost. Biggest suprised ww1 will most likely end with small changes in territories.

View attachment 646322
This is the state of the world by the end of 1916.
The Russians have recovered some land, the Philippines is in revolt, and Sardinia has been captured.
Pretty cool map man, great to see a map of the world.

With the Russian's regaining so much their land so quickly I suspect this might be the extinguishing of the various proto nationalism forces, who thought Russian weakness combined with Central power backing could lead to their own nation states. If Russia is lucky they can start rebuilding fast enough to prevent any crisis in the majority of the country. Well that and hopefully avoid the massacres in central Asia given it's a much better to fight in here.

Ah the Philpinies, to be honest I think the last major elements of the initial elements of the first rebellion ended in 1913, with a much poorer US that is likely to downsize it's military, the various anti colonial inspirations such as the Ottoman empire getting back on it's feet and the war in China against Japan it's no surprise their revolting.

This could lead to a game of dominoes given how close the Philippines is to parts of Indonesia.

Well Italy for better or worse can survive this loss for now, though the temptation of separate peace deal is going to be very strong now.

Hopefully germany doesn't lose the prussian land the eastern border is visually nice. Alsace lorriane lost. Biggest suprised ww1 will most likely end with small changes in territories.
Germany will lose territory. Even in the east. The Russians will be vengeful for the occupation of Russian Poland.