Opinions on Pastwatch: The Redemption of Chriostopher Columbus

I had shingles when I read it, and anything that takes your mind off the pain at that point was really appreciated, so I think it was a GREAT book. I don't know if I would have the same opinion now, but y'know.

Good book. Found the idea of Tlaxcalans conquering the Old World implausible, however. And some part of me still wants the Europeans to conquer the New World. But it was a good read.

Never read it save a summary, but I have no idea why Columbus would cry at hearing how he would have killed the Indians. Columbus wouldn't have given a damn. To him, the Indians were savages who were to be used as slave labor with no never-mind because they weren't Christian or "civilized".

Never read it save a summary, but I have no idea why Columbus would cry at hearing how he would have killed the Indians. Columbus wouldn't have given a damn. To him, the Indians were savages who were to be used as slave labor with no never-mind because they weren't Christian or "civilized".

Yeah, that's another problem. I'm having trouble believing that either side would maintain a utopian peace. One side will look down their noses at the other, and a war is inevitable. You just can't write the racial factor out with 10 years of teaching!