Operation Sea Lion (1974 Sandhurst Wargame)

Or take some more of this:

1489529409988.jpg

My god that's how they do it!

Overwhelm the RN with infantry literally running across the channel doped up on so much boat chocolate(tm) that the RN would be nullified because infantry > ships

Overwhelm the RN with infantry literally running across the channel doped up on so much boat chocolate(tm) that the RN would be nullified because infantry > ships
More truth to this than the Brit fanboys would care to admit. Infantry, even artillery, are used to aiming at pretty small targets, so they would have an easier time aiming for a big target like a destroyer.

Navy guys are trained to shoot at big targets moving at high speed, so they would have a hard time shooting at puny barges moving slowly.

I'd like to see a shootout between a Tiger tank bolted to a barge deck and the Rodney. It would probably shock a few people.

Deleted member 94680

More truth to this than the Brit fanboys would care to admit. Infantry, even artillery, are used to aiming at pretty small targets, so they would have an easier time aiming for a big target like a destroyer.

Navy guys are trained to shoot at big targets moving at high speed, so they would have a hard time shooting at puny barges moving slowly.

I'd like to see a shootout between a Tiger tank bolted to a barge deck and the Rodney. It would probably shock a few people.

Brilliant

You’ve nearly got it there.

What the Germans need to do is get hold of some of these, and breed them up until they can each carry a fully-equipped infantryman.

Tiger shoots, nearly capsizes and swamps the barge... or
Tiger shoots, misses because the barge is bobbing up and down. Rodney's crew gives it the finger as it goes by, its wake alone sinking it.

Have posters actually seen river barges in action? The first big wave and they will founder, because they are river barges.

EDIT: Also the Germans didn't have Tigers at the time. They only had a few short barreled PZ IVs...

Tiger shoots, misses because the barge is bobbing up and down. Rodney's crew gives it the finger as it goes by, its wake alone sinking it.

Have posters actually seen river barges in action? The first big wave and they will founder, because they are river barges.

EDIT: Also the Germans didn't have Tigers at the time. They only had a few short barreled PZ IVs...
DaveBC is well aware of this fact. As are we all. We are all just having little fun with this scenario. :)

Now, see here,Zinc, you have to understand we are talking about the mythical year of 194*, meaning the Germans made all the advances in production they made OTL and the British haven't advanced one bit.
And obviously the barge is held stable by superior Aryan Gyroscopes.

Don’t be silly guys. Cassowaries can’t run on water. Jesus Lizards though...

Edit: the cassowary cavalry will only come into play on landing.

Last edited:

nbcman

Donor
How about this for a solution:
upload_2019-4-16_19-13-57.jpeg

The true Aryan doesn't need a barge just a sufficiently long hose to allow them to come to grips with the Perfidious Albion. Let's see the RN battleships stop the Nazi Rocket Jet Boot Army.

Sorry, I was just recycling a fabulous idea I had on another forum once where someone suggested that the Tiger's armour was strong enough to stop any armour-piecing round yet made.

(Incidentally there is a picture of a German tank that got hit by a round from a battleship floating around online, and it would be correct to say that there is no visible penetration of the armour... on account of there being no armour left...)

Back on topic, someone here did once dredge up some evidence of this actually being tested by the Germans, in which it achieved three near misses out of 100 shots.

Sorry, I was just recycling a fabulous idea I had on another forum once where someone suggested that the Tiger's armour was strong enough to stop any armour-piecing round yet made.

(Incidentally there is a picture of a German tank that got hit by a round from a battleship floating around online, and it would be correct to say that there is no visible penetration of the armour... on account of there being no armour left...)

Back on topic, someone here did once dredge up some evidence of this actually being tested by the Germans, in which it achieved three near misses out of 100 shots.

King Tiger: 0, Naval gunfire: 1
Tiger-2_swapped_over_Chambois1_Normandy_aug44.jpg