Northern Star, a timeline with a united Scandinavia

Actualy things have been improving a lot latley. :)

I have even started some recearch again regarding this TL, and I hope to be able to continue it in some time :)

But summer is approaching up here in the north, so Im looking forward to a little more outdoor activity and a little less computer to be honest... :D

We will see what I can manage, but dont hold your breath :eek:

Actualy things have been improving a lot latley. :)

I have even started some recearch again regarding this TL, and I hope to be able to continue it in some time :)

But summer is approaching up here in the north, so Im looking forward to a little more outdoor activity and a little less computer to be honest... :D

We will see what I can manage, but dont hold your breath :eek:

Pheeeeewwww, exhaling...
Anyway looking forward.:)

Being a frequent reader of this forum, this TL in particular had caught my interest (being Danish myself doesn't lessen my interest). So; Welcome back, I'm also looking forward to an update on this one :)

Are you intending to continue this TL oddball?

Belive it or not, but yes :p

The plan was to flesh out a few years more, then do some revisions before posting in the Timelines and Scenarios sections. I think that is needed.

Sadly I cannot give you any ETA :eek:

Rubyelm

I've only just discovered this site, and this thread, from the wikipedia on Kalmar Union. Fascinating stuff - would love you to continue, Oddball - best wishes from Australia :D

Thx

First i would like to thank you oddball, for that incredible piece of alternate history. I have just joined and find your writings interesting. I would like if you continued and just ask for my help if you need anything concerning Danish history (since im a little bit of a history junkie:)).

best wishes from Denmark

You are most welcome

First i would like to thank you oddball, for that incredible piece of alternate history. I have just joined and find your writings interesting. I would like if you continued and just ask for my help if you need anything concerning Danish history (since im a little bit of a history junkie:)).

best wishes from Denmark

Thanks. :)

Bringing this thread up like this is almost thread-necromancy, but thanks still :D

Regarding continuation, I am almost done polishing the old parts, Iv tweaked the maps, added a few maps and is now just lacking some fleshing out regarding exploration. I will then repost the old stuff with a small new part (10 year). :cool:

Hopefully not so far in the future that is ... :p:)
As you might have noticed, updates are not frequent around here :eek:

... Is this thread alive or has it been killed? Anyway, I must admit that when I started reading I had my serious doubts about this time line, but lo and behold: A Kalmar Union that actually Works and that doesn't grate on my nerves. Very much awesome. And with the eventual(?) revival of the Norse Language and Writing this proves to be even more awesome than I imagined. Hope this gets updated soon (or maybe just a post to show that you're still aware that this exsists).

Oh Good Gravy This Thread Is Eating My Face!>! My FAAAACCCE!

I would say its well done and dead just recently arisen.

Funny

Hmm, how did I miss this reply in my own thread? :eek:
Thanks for your kind words :)

Well, obviousley this thread has been dead for a long time. :(

But the TL is not dead, but rather on ice. I just dont have enough time for it as life is ATM. Also I got feedup with ah.com a couple of years ago, so I avoided posting more of it back then. :(

Rather funny you should bring this up, cause latley Iv been drawn back to it, and just the other day I fiddeled a bit with it! :eek::cool:

Actualy I have refined the timeline as posted quite a bit, and even added a few decades. And I have a working web-page of it on my pc. I did this last year, but I just dont have gotten around to upload it yet.

Update

I have polished my timeline and expanded it uptil 1462. :)

Im not going to post the text here tough, as you can read it on my webpage. :eek::cool:

http://www.nemoria.info/northstar/index.html

IMHO it is more presentable there, and since it has been a while since last update, those who are interested will probably have to wade through it all anyway... :eek:

Comments in this thread please!

Enjoy (I hope)