Northern Limit Line

Why Vladivostok?
I have a feeling the countries NK have most interaction with would be hit more than just one city like China.

멸공의 횃불 – 박완, 다이나믹듀 is the name of the version of the song with the rap. The original song is called 멸공의 횃불, a national war song for South Korea. Translated, it literally means "The Torch of the firm anti- Communist"

The original song's lyrics basically go through 4 verses. Verse 1 is about the army and how they'll defend the peace and people of South Korea, even if it they get caught in a "sea of fire" and sacrifice their life. Verse 2 is about the navy, and it's similar to the army. Verse 3 is the air force and how they'll protect the blue skies of South Korea and "comrade, I'll defend my country Korea." Verse 4 is basically the entire military, calling for everyone to defend their country against any aggressor (pointed at North Korea). Each verse ends with the phrase "멸공이 횃불아래 목숨을 건다" Which basically means, "Under fire from the Communists, I risk my life."

Hoped that helped :)

Found a link for you with the translation. Took me a while but I got it:

http://youtu.be/TjiWjbgVzM0

You're awesome :D Thanks!!!

Putin now knows that Russia installing Kim Sr. back in 1945 was one of the biggest mistakes his country ever made. Now it is the duty of Mother Russia to remove his son once and for all. Go get' em, Vlad!

My prediction for North Korea's future :

main-qimg-425d8b10f785c59c05718218acda1cde

Sargon

Donor
Monthly Donor
Five nuclear powers have been hit with biological and gas attacks.

USA, Britain, France, Russia and China are going to launch reprisals of their own. And it'll almost certainly be a nuclear response. Realistically anything less would mean open season on any nuclear armed state which did not respond in kind to such an attack on their citizens. And it seems politics being as they are, that doesn't seem something the nuclear club can allow.

The situation was already horrifying enough. This is going to get even more ugly. A lot of people are going to die. :(

Sargon

Last edited:
Nuclear weapons

IMVHO, the US was right to use a nuclear weapon when it did--WMD's are NOT something that can be met with anything but the harshest possible response. They gassed one city, so a nuclear weapon seems like the logical response. I would, however, have thought that hitting a military concentration would be more appropriate as well as more effective. NK isn't going to be making more armies, training more divisions, in the time scale of this war, so vaporizing the city accomplishes far less than vaporizing an army.

Right move, wrong target.

You're awesome :D Thanks!!!

:D

Putin now knows that Russia installing Kim Sr. back in 1945 was one of the biggest mistakes his country ever made. Now it is the duty of Mother Russia to remove his son once and for all. Go get' em, Vlad!

Cue Russian Patriotic Music.

My prediction for North Korea's future :

main-qimg-425d8b10f785c59c05718218acda1cde

So we have to massive islands in Asia now? Joys.

Five nuclear powers have been hit with biological and gas attacks.

USA, Britain, France, Russia and China are going to launch reprisals of their own. And it'll almost certainly be a nuclear response. Realistically anything less would mean open season on any nuclear armed state which did not respond in kind to such an attack on their citizens. And it seems politics being as they are, that doesn't seem something the nuclear club can allow.

The situation was already horrifying enough. This is going to get even more ugly. A lot of people are going to die. :(

Sargon

Hopefully, some saner heads will prevail in some countries and they won't resort to nukes. Russia and China might fight conventionally because you know, fallout drifting into their territory.

IMVHO, the US was right to use a nuclear weapon when it did--WMD's are NOT something that can be met with anything but the harshest possible response. They gassed one city, so a nuclear weapon seems like the logical response. I would, however, have thought that hitting a military concentration would be more appropriate as well as more effective. NK isn't going to be making more armies, training more divisions, in the time scale of this war, so vaporizing the city accomplishes far less than vaporizing an army.

Right move, wrong target.

Actually, it was the right target. Hwangju is a massive military target, with North Korean air bases, training centers, and armor units stationed in the city.

The Chinese and Russians don't care squat about "political correctness", while the British and French may not nuke Korea - unlikely to be able to do so for at least several days to a week. The USA will retaliate, and I expect the USSR and China will as well. The USA will probably hit some of the main military areas, China and/or Russia will hit Pyon'yang. While nobody will be happy about fallout, using airbursts can minimize this. I can see the ROK folks being unhappy about other Koreans being vaporized, but under the circumstances...

In the future I can see what has happened here to make North Korea a country that fits "I'm not totally uselss I can always serve as a bad example"

Why Vladivostok?

It's close to North Korea, and there's a major Russian naval base there. It's the Russian equivalent of say, Norfolk or San Diego. Also, they probably would not want to hit a more important city like say, St. Petersburg or Moscow, as they don't want to piss off the Russians that much. Needless to say, they will be pissed, though.

Oh, shit. The Norkies have really done it now. :eek:

As the South Koreans would say, "shibal gaesekkinom-deul!" :mad:
So we have to massive islands in Asia now? Joys.

Yay, more useless rocks in the sea to argue over! :D

Last edited:

Pangur

Donor
Indeed, China and Russia will be enraged not only by the attack itself, but the sheer ingratitude. I think the consensus will be, time to put the rabid dog down.

Seattle is especially worrisome.

It would be a matter of take a ticket and get in the queue

The Chinese and Russians don't care squat about "political correctness", while the British and French may not nuke Korea - unlikely to be able to do so for at least several days to a week. The USA will retaliate, and I expect the USSR and China will as well. The USA will probably hit some of the main military areas, China and/or Russia will hit Pyon'yang. While nobody will be happy about fallout, using airbursts can minimize this. I can see the ROK folks being unhappy about other Koreans being vaporized, but under the circumstances...

In the future I can see what has happened here to make North Korea a country that fits "I'm not totally uselss I can always serve as a bad example"

It's close to North Korea, and there's a major Russian naval base there. It's the Russian equivalent of say, Norfolk or San Diego.

Fall out would be more of an issue for the Chinese and to a lesser degree the Russians however they would not let this go. Yeah they would basically go ape shit. The Chinese do have the option of invasion so its more that likely that sundry British,Chinese, French, Russian and US diplomates and senior military officers will talk and deliver a collective responce . Perhaps if a city is going to get nuked then they agree that they all drop a weapon on that city.

Last edited:
This war got out of hand fast. The global terrorist attacks are going to give credence in Bush's preemptive strike policy. I think without the terrorist attacks, the use of a nuke would have been criticized and even condemned as going overboard.

There is going to be a lot bigger effort in stopping the spread of WMD now.

MrP

Banned
Talk about escalation.
By the end of that day, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Austin, Honolulu, and Las Vegas had been struck by poison gas (Seattle was struck with a deadly smallpox bio weapon). Tokyo, Nagasaki, Pusan, Beijing, Vladivostok, London, and Paris were all struck with biological weapons and poison gas also. The total casualties throughout the world was 100,000 from the attacks, and the number was steadily climbing.
I wonder, though, does North Korea have the capability to engage in simultaneous strikes on such a large scale? It would mean that sleeper agents with significant amounts of biological and chemical weapons had been previously planted in all these cities.

It's close to North Korea, and there's a major Russian naval base there. It's the Russian equivalent of say, Norfolk or San Diego. Also, they probably would not want to hit a more important city like say, St. Petersburg or Moscow, as they don't want to piss off the Russians that much. Needless to say, they will be pissed, though.

Oh don't worry. Putin doesn't get pissed easily. Though the Free Republic of Rason is about to enjoy plenty of Russian tourism soon.

Talk about escalation.

I wonder, though, does North Korea have the capability to engage in simultaneous strikes on such a large scale? It would mean that sleeper agents with significant amounts of biological and chemical weapons had been previously planted in all these cities.

To be honest, I don't think they could that hit the US or Europe with that kind of efficiency or scale. Japan is much more vulnerable due to the entrenched North Korean presence, as is China and Russia to a lesser extent. The West, far less likely (not after 9/11, especially), but possible for the capitals or at least one or two major US cities to be hit.

Last edited:
Well if nothing else NK will get dusted with radioactives and anthrax. Also all over the world any identified NK will be hunted down and killed before any sleeper agents strike again.

The Chinese and Russians don't care squat about "political correctness", while the British and French may not nuke Korea - unlikely to be able to do so for at least several days to a week.
Why do France and UK will be unable to do this for at least a week ?
Both have a permanent SLBM at sea with the range to hit NK. If their strategic force must wait a week to react it is not dissuasion.
After 11 september 2001, France also declare modifying some of their SLBM to have only one warhead. To hit terrorist organisation base is the goal.
This kind of strike would be a good retaliation, not MIRVing the countryside but just flattening a target to show the credibility of the dissuasion.

Cause it is this that is at stake: if you don't retaliate, you're no longer credible.

Post war

I think that the really interesting part is going to be the post war. Since almost all of the nuclear powers have been attacked, I suspect that there will be a serious international effort to insure that this will not happen again; any hint of WMD's in the hands of potential rogue states will be dealt with quickly and severely.

The assault on civil rights after 9/11 was bad enough in OTL, it will be horrendous in this one...

Geon

Donor
Pyonyang

All of these discussions on nuking Pyonyang to get rid of Kim assume that nut-job is going to be stupid enough to stay there in the first place. What do you want to bet he has a luxurious super bunker prepared for himself in the mountains somewhere known only to a select few where he can continue to direct the war and cause further trouble for world?