NOOBWI- British Empire still strongest country in the world

OOC- Is an explanation as to what NOOBWI means still neccessary?

IC- So what if the British empire was still the strongest country on earth, Would england have gone to the moon in 1969, would america launch a war to free the colonies.

OOC- I'm undecided whether I'm a British or an American NOOB yet.

The British Empire would clearly have won the Second World War without aid from the rapscallion colonies, and ended up in Cold War with the Soviet Union. Making full use of its Free Trade links, the British Empire would have reformed immediately along Friedmann's lines, exploiting its Commonwealth Markets, and investing in their development. No need for an EEC to counter COMECON here!

Also, there probably would be a space race between the British and the Russians. Brits would win, because of their advanced rocketry programmes conducted on the Isle of Wight and in Australia.

OOC:Nooby enough for ya?

Grey Wolf

Donor
(nooby devil's advocate)

Britain IS still the strongest country in the world ! Bush would have been nothing without Blair ! Brown tells Arab leaders what's what over oil !

Breast Regards
Shadow Lupis

Have I wandered into a parallel universe where Britain is an invincible superpower in the 20th century?:confused: BTW, what is all this NOOB stuff about?

Have I wandered into a parallel universe where Britain is an invincible superpower in the 20th century?:confused: BTW, what is all this NOOB stuff about?

Its a discussion about WI the British Empire had stayed the dominant power from the point of view of uneducated noobs, basically people who have no idea what their on about and are often imagined by us to be 13/14/15 etc.

Basically its just for our amusement at the expense of the lower orders;), such a WI would be impossible to discuss properly on this forum.

Hope that helps.