No Spam

They'd get something else like meatless hotdogs made of fish or hamburgers tasting like burgers but are veggies. I DO not men tbe current veggie burgers, etc. BTW Mike there is a LOW calorie Low carb spam out on the market now. It tastes good.

Well, something has to be done with the leftover scraps of meat that goes into making Spam. We will just see a similar luncheon meat rise out of Wartime necessity.

Sliced SPAM, fried, on toast with mustard.....THAT'S good eatin'.....

There is a take-off sort of product, called, you are going to love this, "TREET", which is like, the stuff that didn't make the cut to be SPAM. I suppose we would see something like this crop up.

The army could always eat dried/smoked meat or fish, dried fruit, and hardtack.

But consider this:

1. Spam has become a popular meat product in every nation that had American soldiers deployed in it except Japan. What does this do to US cultural imperialism?

2. What if Monty Python doesnt have the Spam song?

Weapon M said:
There is a take-off sort of product, called, you are going to love this, "TREET", which is like, the stuff that didn't make the cut to be SPAM. I suppose we would see something like this crop up.

Ughhhhhh! I hate Treet. Tastes horrible. The Republic of Korea is the second biggest consumer of Spam (after the US). They produce a Spam knock off called "Assi Haem". Its pretty rancid too.

I like Spam though. I eat it raw on sandwiches with mustard or wasabi (Japanese horseradish).

Mike Collins said:
But consider this:

1. Spam has become a popular meat product in every nation that had American soldiers deployed in it except Japan. What does this do to US cultural imperialism?

2. What if Monty Python doesnt have the Spam song?

1.Some other type of rations, maybe even ones the Japanese like, step up to the plate. Probably more variety in these rations, more suitable to local cultures. Everybody picks their favorite American Canned Ration, they become even more widespread, and we end up with McDonald's and Pepsi all over the world. What? Oh, nevermind.

2.More Holy hand grenades then. They've got to do SOMETHING...

1. Maybe some type of fast food becomes popular?

2. The world becomes a little bit more bleak, dull and dystopic.

Straha

Banned
the nonexistance of spam would at most create buttterflies in the TL like for example Kerry getting the nomination in 2000 and trouncing bush.

The thing with spam is not that it is canned Meat- the British trenchs in WW1 were paved with cans of Billy Beef. The Thing with Spam is the Vacumm processing that allows the Spiced Ham to be cooked in the sealed Can, Killing all the Bacteria, and allowing 8-9 year shelve lifes. I have a case of Spam here that was bought 6 years ago [Store was having a 49 cent sale/ I bought 20 cases] and the Spam is still good.

One of my militia buds came out to the field with a case or two of it that he bought for Y2k, and just doled it out to us. Some of us just dug in right there.

I did the same with some of my Y2K rice, too. Had too much, was sick of rice and this or rice and that or rice pudding.

Still have some of that winter wheat though.....

DuQuense said:
The thing with spam is not that it is canned Meat- the British trenchs in WW1 were paved with cans of Billy Beef. The Thing with Spam is the Vacumm processing that allows the Spiced Ham to be cooked in the sealed Can, Killing all the Bacteria, and allowing 8-9 year shelve lifes. I have a case of Spam here that was bought 6 years ago [Store was having a 49 cent sale/ I bought 20 cases] and the Spam is still good.

Spam stands for a lot of things.

Diamond

Banned
Call me weird, but I can't eat Spam uncooked; it tastes like shit to me. But throw it in the frying pan for a few minutes with some hash browns and cheese, and its fine... :confused:

What's everyone's 'oldest Spam eaten' record? On a fishing trip last year, I ate a can that my father had had in his kitchen for more than (I kid you not) 16 years. I had more than two years of high school to go when it was purchased. I'm 32 now. Scary...