No Nursery Rhymes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Children would not have heard the Three Little Kittens Nursery Rhyme.
This rhyme is a tale with words toward a mother and child and the common occurrence of losing an article, then finding it and finally being rewarded.
The Three Little Kittens Nursery Rhyme first appeared in the "Only True Mother Goose Melodies" in 1843.

Given they exist in basically every single cultures across history I'd say that would need more than ASB, more like multigenerational brainwashing by evil fungus bent on enslaving humanity in their evil fungal ways.

Also a lot of nursery rhymes was a way of criticizing nobility,clergy and monarchy. Plus some were comments on the plague,torture, just about any social issue of the day. Google Mother Goose and you'll see, so there was one reason why nursery rhymes were popular. They were a good way to play with and teach infants while lullabies helped them go to sleep.

Children would not have heard the Grand Old Duke of York Nursery Rhyme.
The words of the nursery rhyme are believed to refer to Richard, Duke of York, claimant to the English throne and Protector of England and the Battle of Wakefield on December 30, 1460.

Children would not have heard the Grand Old Duke of York Nursery Rhyme.
The words of the nursery rhyme are believed to refer to Richard, Duke of York, claimant to the English throne and Protector of England and the Battle of Wakefield on December 30, 1460.

I always heard it referred to the Duke of York's lacklustre performance during the 1793 Flanders campaign.

Apparently there was a particularly Huguenot region of France which didn't develop a lullaby tradition because the mothers used to sing their children psalms instead. Then again, I don't think that having no lullabies anywhere at all would be plausible.

Maybe instead of end rhymes we get front rhyme (alliteration)? This could happen if Old English poetic forms remain popular.

Given they exist in basically every single cultures across history I'd say that would need more than ASB, more like multigenerational brainwashing by evil fungus bent on enslaving humanity in their evil fungal ways.

Yes, nursery rhymes are an essential part of human culture programming so it is inconceivable that they would not exist.

Children would not have heard the Hickory, Dickory Dock Nursery Rhyme.
This poem uses alliteration where children mimic the sound of a clock chiming at the relevant point in the song.

No nursery rhymes as a cultural tradition, or no oral tradition passed down from generation to generation? Without the former, I guess we'd see the rise of other story forms to teach lessons etc, or perhaps more emphasis on practicing pronunciation in effort. Poetry as an art form would probably be more rigid. The latter completely destroys any semblance of human tradition or culture.

Children would not have heard the Little Jack Horner Nursery Rhyme.
Little Jack Horner was reported to have been the Steward to Richard Whiting (1461-1539), the Bishop of Glastonbury.
The Steward had an important role and was responsible for managing the household, collecting taxes, and keeping accounts.

Children would not have heard the Rain, Rain Go Away Nursery Rhyme.
The origin of the lyrics is said to date back to the reign of Queen Elizabeth I of England.
During this period of English history there was rivalry between Spain and England culminating in the launch of the Spanish Armada in 1588.

Children would not have heard the Jack be Nimble Nursery Rhyme.
The most commonly agreed origin for the Jack be nimble rhyme is the connection to an English pirate named Black Jack in the late 1500s.
The words could be associated with the tradition and sport of candle leaping which used to be practiced at some English fairs.

Children would not have heard the Mary Mary Quite Contrary Nursery Rhyme.
The Mary alluded to in this English nursery rhyme is reputed to be Mary Tudor, or Bloody Mary, who was the daughter of King Henry VIII.
Queen Mary was a staunch Catholic.
The garden referred to is an allusion to graveyards.

Children would not have had the Little Boy Blue Nursery Rhyme.
There is a theory that "Little Boy Blue" refers to Cardinal Thomas Wolsey dating back to English Tudor history and the reign of King Henry VIII.
Thomas Wolsey was called the "Boy Bachelor" after obtaining his degree from Oxford at the age of fifteen.

Children would not have had the Little Tommy Tucker Nursery Rhyme.
Little Tommy Tucker was a colloquial term that was commonly used to describe orphans.
The orphans were often reduced to begging or "singing for their supper".
The first publication date for Little Tommy Tucker was 1829.

Status
Not open for further replies.