No Iraq War- does Iraq get affected by the wave of protests?

I don't know whether this was kicked off by the fact that the ruling party in Syria shares a name with that of Saddam's regime, or what, but...

Anyway, assuming that the coalition decides against attacking Iraq, and Saddam Hussein and his lot stay in power in Iraq, and assuming the current wave of protests in North Africa and the Middle East do not get utterflied away, do we see Iraqis protest? I am sure there are plenty with obvious grievances agianst the regime. Do they even dare knowing Saddam's history of violence agianst hs own people, and the use of WMDs? Wil there possibly be a Libya-style uprising, will it fail, and will the West respond then?

What could even prevent the Iraq War in the first place?

I think there was a thread about this a while ago, and if I remember most people said that if push came to shove and there were revolts in Iraq (which I would personally say is unlikely) Saddam would have the will and the means to deal with them. The Iraqi military was hardly the world's most advanced fighting force, but they had plenty of experience in gassing and shelling their own people. As for Western intervention, I guess it depends if Saddam violates the conditions of the no-fly zones imposed on Iraq after the Gulf War

Many in Iraq like to believe that there adopted form of democracy in the Arab world has served as inspiration for the revolts elsewhere. Not sure there's much truth in that (at all), but there's still going to be the butterflies like that.

There are so many butterflies it's impossible to tell. Iraq would appear to be more similar to countries that are currently successfully suppressing their revolutions than the countries that have successful revolutions.