No 9/11

Would have we avoided an economic breakdown, an Iraq War, and a War on Terror without 9/11? I did not see any point of 9/11. It scared people but why did they need to do that? What good would it bring? I think the Al-Quaeda did that just to get attention and also, because they can (the worst reason for anything that also lead to the worst things happening in history)

AQ's reasons for attacking America are much more complex than you make it seem. They hate us for supporting Israel. They hate us for having a military presence in Arab countries. They hate our business involvements in their countries, particularly our oil interests. They hate our society's openness and way of life. They believe that "Alla" commanded them to kill all non-Muslims. They see our freedoms and our culture as an evil, and believe that we are wicked and are waging war against Islam.

There's a free DVD that's being mailed out to American citizens called Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against The West. I received a copy in the mail sometime ago. I am challenging all members of the board to google that title and then watch it, if you can. You will see why these tiny minority of Muslims are so dangerous, and why we need to win.

stalkere

Banned
Well...

Hmm...Metalstar sounds kinda over-the-edge.
Trouble is, he is ABSOLUTELY correct.
The Wahabists are fundamentalists of a type not seen in Christianity since the Thirty Years War. For them, the world is Dar-el-Islam, the house of Islam, and Dar-el-Harb, the House of War.
The mission is to make sure that any land that was ever Dar-El-Islam is returned to the True Faith...oh yeah, and to make all of Earth Dar El Islam.
Yeah.
It's something that most non-Islamics, especially in America, can't even comprehend.
The Islamic societies can barely maintain any technology for themselves, let alone build or invent any thing, but they think they should rule the world.

About the only way I can see to avoid 911 is to remove the dependence on fossil fuels. Heavy dependence on fossil fuels will always make the oil fields of North Africa and Persian Gulf very valuable. Short of genocide or at least total dis enfranchisement of the Arabs, 911 or something like it , is going to happen.

AQ's reasons for attacking America are much more complex than you make it seem. They hate us for supporting Israel. They hate us for having a military presence in Arab countries. They hate our business involvements in their countries, particularly our oil interests.

Mostly correct so-far...

They hate our society's openness and way of life. They believe that "Alla" commanded them to kill all non-Muslims. They see our freedoms and our culture as an evil, and believe that we are wicked and are waging war against Islam

First off, there is an h at the end of Allah.

Secondly, if we pulled every single American (soldier or not) out of the lands the Islamists claim (ie: everything colored on this map) and cut all support for Isreal and the other nations in there, Al-Qaeda would either fall apart or would refocus on the other Western countries (Canada, Europe, probably Australia and the US-oriented Asian nations).

The reason being that even amongst the minority you stated, there is an even tinier minority that gives a damn about what we do within our borders. Such a tiny minority, as a matter of fact, that if they were the only ones, Al-Qaeda would not be a organisation, it would be just half-dozen to a dozen guys screaming angrily into megaphones and firing Ak-47s into the air.

I don't really understand it myself, but I figure that they think that we are going to hell anyhow. But if we set-foot on land that they claim, then they think we are the invaders and will start pulling the whole shmucky-terrorist-thing.

There's a free DVD that's being mailed out to American citizens called Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against The West. I received a copy in the mail sometime ago. I am challenging all members of the board to google that title and then watch it, if you can. You will see why these tiny minority of Muslims are so dangerous, and why we need to win.

The less said about 'Obsession', the better.

And win what?

AQ's reasons for attacking America are much more complex than you make it seem. They hate us for supporting Israel. They hate us for having a military presence in Arab countries. They hate our business involvements in their countries, particularly our oil interests. They hate our society's openness and way of life. They believe that "Alla" commanded them to kill all non-Muslims. They see our freedoms and our culture as an evil, and believe that we are wicked and are waging war against Islam.

A tiny minority of anything can be dangerous.

Would have we avoided an economic breakdown, an Iraq War, and a War on Terror without 9/11? I did not see any point of 9/11. It scared people but why did they need to do that? What good would it bring? I think the Al-Quaeda did that just to get attention and also, because they can (the worst reason for anything that also lead to the worst things happening in history)

9/11 was all about Osama bin Laden taking authority in the Middle East - most terrorist attacks are merely used to recruit more members. It wouldn't matter if military bases were built on holy ground or not, it is all merely a scapegoat as a means to power.

Without that horrible day, we would have still had a recession thanks to subprime mortgages, but we would have been in better shape to bailout corporations as we wouldn't be as deep into debt.

Without the war, we would have somewhere around 1.3 trillion or something like that, dollars freed up.

The subprime thing would still hit us hard. So, in the end, we only would have another 700B, not to mention he will still get reelected as long as he keeps cool and no one threatening comes along.

Mostly correct so-far...
First off, there is an h at the end of Allah./quote]

You are correct sir. That was an oversight on my part. Guess I need to proofread my posts.

Secondly, if we pulled every single American (soldier or not) out of the lands the Islamists claim (ie: everything colored on this map) and cut all support for Isreal and the other nations in there, Al-Qaeda would either fall apart or would refocus on the other Western countries (Canada, Europe, probably Australia and the US-oriented Asian nations).

Agreed. And I believe that would be part of what we need to do.

And win what?

Win the war. My way to do that would be to pull the hell out of Iraq, put our troops in Afghanistan, investigate any Pakistan/Al-Qaida connection, attack Pakistan if necessary, get Bin Laden, then get The Hell Out of the Middle East altogether.

9/11 was all about Osama bin Laden taking authority in the Middle East - most terrorist attacks are merely used to recruit more members. It wouldn't matter if military bases were built on holy ground or not, it is all merely a scapegoat as a means to power.

Without that horrible day, we would have still had a recession thanks to subprime mortgages, but we would have been in better shape to bailout corporations as we wouldn't be as deep into debt.

I have heard this explanation before and think it holds some credence. The theory I've heard is that Bin Laden wanted to control the Saudi oil fields and the U.S. was in the way.

Even if it is true, I agree with other items that have been mentioned here about the intolerance and hatred of Western openess as a motivating factor.

Ian the Admin

Administrator
Donor
Hmm...Metalstar sounds kinda over-the-edge.
Trouble is, he is ABSOLUTELY correct.
The Wahabists are fundamentalists of a type not seen in Christianity since the Thirty Years War. For them, the world is Dar-el-Islam, the house of Islam, and Dar-el-Harb, the House of War.
The mission is to make sure that any land that was ever Dar-El-Islam is returned to the True Faith...oh yeah, and to make all of Earth Dar El Islam.
Yeah.
It's something that most non-Islamics, especially in America, can't even comprehend.
The Islamic societies can barely maintain any technology for themselves, let alone build or invent any thing, but they think they should rule the world.

About the only way I can see to avoid 911 is to remove the dependence on fossil fuels. Heavy dependence on fossil fuels will always make the oil fields of North Africa and Persian Gulf very valuable. Short of genocide or at least total dis enfranchisement of the Arabs, 911 or something like it , is going to happen.

Kindly refrain from this sort of ignorant and bigoted screed in the future.

Kindly refrain from this sort of ignorant and bigoted screed in the future.
Ian, Thanks for The Measured Response ...

This Type of Thing Tends to Get People's Blood up, And Everyone has at Least Something of an Informed Opinion on The Matter ...

Thanks Again for Making this Board The WONDERFUL Place that it is!

:D

Did someone mention obsession? I saw a few minutes of that DVD, laughed, and then went outside, started a small gasoline fire and melted the disc.

It warmed my soul a little bit.

Al-Qeda reminds me of some Neo-Nazi groups that exist in Germany. They exist but will never get elected. The only reason why Al-Qeda got the power it has today is because it made use of the anger of the Middle Easterners against the West, an anger that would've had no reason for being had we not been messing around with them for the last hundred years.

9/11, or something like it, was inevitable. It was blowback.

there isn't a problem between Islam and The rest of the world that couldn't be solved by the right use of force, moderates can get the carrot and fanatics the stick but it is force just the same.

I believe "Diehards" :p that say they love death more than I love life, and I want to give them what they want (a short trip to Allah.)

for the blame US crowd, get in line, you'll get all manner of apology from US when we fail but from THEM I hear not one, they gloat and brag however.

Yes we deserve to pay, and pay we will in a court as civilized men not in the streets like animals.

the more I understand Islam, the more I hate, the more I hate the more I think [expunged on account of Ian].

Did someone mention obsession? I saw a few minutes of that DVD, laughed, and then went outside, started a small gasoline fire and melted the disc.

It warmed my soul a little bit.

Al-Qeda reminds me of some Neo-Nazi groups that exist in Germany. They exist but will never get elected. The only reason why Al-Qeda got the power it has today is because it made use of the anger of the Middle Easterners against the West, an anger that would've had no reason for being had we not been messing around with them for the last hundred years.

9/11, or something like it, was inevitable. It was blowback.

Hit the nail on the head. This post sums up my opinion pretty well. Al Qaeda is no more dangerous than any extremist group in the right environment.

I'd just add that my friend and I were trying to get a hold of a copy of Obsession and make a drinking game out of it. It's a completely ridiculous movie, though I supposed I've never seen it.

Yes we deserve to pay, and pay we will in a court as civilized men not in the streets like animals.

the more I understand Islam, the more I hate, the more I hate the more I think [expunged on account of Ian].

Wouldn't it have been nice if the imperialists treated people in the Middle East like civilized men and not animals? I'm not apologizing for terrorists acts, just that, if you were in the same place as a westerner, can you say for sure you wouldn't do the same?

There's really no difference between "The West" and "Islam" like you're saying. The issue is much more complicated and not nearly so black-and-white.

Ian, Thanks for The Measured Response ...

This Type of Thing Tends to Get People's Blood up, And Everyone has at Least Something of an Informed Opinion on The Matter ...

Thanks Again for Making this Board The WONDERFUL Place that it is!

:D

On a lighter note, why is the beginning of every word in your post capitalized? All the English teachers on Earth are crying tears of blood right now because of your grammatical sins...

On a lighter note, why is the beginning of every word in your post capitalized? All the English teachers on Earth are crying tears of blood right now because of your grammatical sins...
Good, Can't Stand English Teachers ...

Seriously though, I do it to Make it Easier for me to Read and Write My Own Posts ...

Besides, With ALL of The Recent Rock-Puppet Activity, Making My Posts Distinctive Tends to Preempt Copycats and Hackers!

:p