New Hearts of Iron game announced!

Paradox have announced a new expansion for Hearts of Iron 3, called 'Their Finest Hour'. I'm particularly excited because it will have a new 'Custom Game' setting especially designed for creating alternate history scenarios! Which means no more hours spent painstakingly fiddling with save game files for me.... Anyway here's a list of confirmed features.

- Expanded espionage system with new and reworked missions, including new covert operations that can be performed on the map.

- New 'battle plans' mode where you can load historical plans, or draw your own and share with your allies in real-time in multiplayer games.

- New unique elite units for each major nation's army - Gurkhas, Rangers, Imperial Guards etc.

- Deeper naval invasions system including the development of specialized landing and assault crafts to improve the effectiveness of your assault.

- More detailed control over strategic warfare and a generalized lend-lease system to support your distant allies with your industrial might.

- Leaders are now able to gain traits, and assigning them to duty is more important than ever with the new combat tactics system for battles.

- A new custom game mode for both single and multiplayer. You start with a clean slate and can instantly produce units, research technologies and affect political alignment before the game begins. This allows you to model interesting 'what-if' scenarios and speeds up the early years for those who would like to jump straight into the action with no slow build-up.

- Two new detailed battle scenarios, the Russo-Finnish Winter War and the Spanish Civil War

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I still crack up at the Imperial German flag; I thought the Nazi flag was at least allowed in Germany in a historical context?

have no doubt that somebody will now create a mod that alters the flags to a more historical accurate setting and that somebody else will also bring over most of the better mods from the second hearts of iron into the third one.

I still crack up at the Imperial German flag; I thought the Nazi flag was at least allowed in Germany in a historical context?

At least they are using a official German flag of the period. Most WWII games just make up Nazi flags with Iron crosses and bullshit.

have no doubt that somebody will now create a mod that alters the flags to a more historical accurate setting and that somebody else will also bring over most of the better mods from the second hearts of iron into the third one.

Nope. I'm afraid the madding community for HOI3 isn't that active. We still haven't got a version of Kaiserreich that works with Hearts of Iron 3 vanilla, and most of the ambitious projects on display at paradox forum are dead and have been for years.

I both like the sound of this as HoI is still one of my most favourite games and concerned ass I can see endless more hours being consumed:eek::D

This might be enough to get me back in to HOI 3. It seems like a good game, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it though, so I usually end up playing (modded) Arsenal of Democracy.

Seems like a good enough place to ask but is HOI3 worth buying? Heard some negative reviews about it from friends.

Absolutely. I picked up both Semper fi! and For The Motherland on Christmas and Easter sales. With FtM the game is what I expected it to be from the beginning. There is even ingame OOB editor and you can control your allies through objectives representing a sort of joint planning.

I didn't care too much for Hearts of Iron III. Too much micromanaging. At least Victoria II and EU III are playable. And I like Victoria II.

In countries that don't believe in Freedom of Speech, it is illegial to display any Nazi emblem. So, if Paradox wants to release it in those countires, then they have to use another flag. Pardon the attitude, but it almost seems like Germany is hopping their history will go away if they outlaw certain aspects of it. It's too much like running away.

Nietzsche

Banned
Nope. I'm afraid the madding community for HOI3 isn't that active. We still haven't got a version of Kaiserreich that works with Hearts of Iron 3 vanilla, and most of the ambitious projects on display at paradox forum are dead and have been for years.

Kaiserreich isn't going to be ported simply because the engine isn't suited for the style of mod KR is. Too many random occurrences for a very story-focused campaign.

Awesome! I have HOI3 and I haven't bought any of the expansions as of yet (I've been playing a tweaked copy of the original lol), but I think I'll give this one a look. :D