New Alternative History Book - 1862

Does anyone know anything about the new book 1862, about British Intervention in the ACW? It is by the author of 1901?

Simon

Fortunately Prussia intervenes by sending vast amounts of modern armaments to the US and then helps lure the Royal Navy into a trap!

Wait. That seems familiar somehow.

No, my mistake.

All appears to be lost for the North, but then an incompetent British admiral attacks a Confederate-held port instead of one nearby in Union-hands. Then when General Sherman joins Union forces with Confederates against this common foe the USA and CSA reunite against British treachery, deploying iron battleships and armored cars decades ahead of schedule and liberating Ireland in...

I thought Aliens invaded, forcing both sides of the conflict to unite to stop them, all the while developing nukes to use once and for all? :confused:

Oh wait, that's the sequal. ;)

"Stars and Stripes" series.

Grimm Reaper said:
No, my mistake.

All appears to be lost for the North, but then an incompetent British admiral attacks a Confederate-held port instead of one nearby in Union-hands. Then when General Sherman joins Union forces with Confederates against this common foe the USA and CSA reunite against British treachery, deploying iron battleships and armored cars decades ahead of schedule and liberating Ireland in...
Wasn't that Harrison's book(s)?

Grimm Reaper said:
No, my mistake.

Aww god...Who greenlights this shit

Don't worry, there's no way it could be worse than the Stars and Stripes trilogy. Nothing could be worse than that, right? Right??

Uh...uhm...right!:) Yes! You are correct, sir! No chance of anything worse than that! All will be well, nay, everything is beautiful, in its own way! Take comfort, Ivan D, in these words of support from your local government employee!:rolleyes: