Name for an Anglicized Ireland

I know Ireland is the English form of the word, but what I am asking is an alternate name for an Ireland that, perhaps due to harsher Cromwellian policies, is majority English. Would they bother to rename it at all?

I don't see any reason why they would re-name Ireland. It has had that name centuries so there hardly is any reason to change its name.

It would keep being called Ireland. It was already an anglicization. As Wikipedia says: "The name of Ireland itself comes from the Irish name Éire, added to the Germanic word land. In mythology, Éire was an Irish goddess of the land and of sovereignty"

In fact many place names in Ireland may have been of Celtic origin (or Norse) originally but have been anglicized. A handful were converted back to Gaelic in the 1920's and 30's. This means we cannot really even imagine an Ireland where more individual place names were anglicized, but it already happened pretty much everywhere.

You could go with "West Britain" which was popular in some quarters around the time of the Act of Union. Likewise "North Britain" for Scotland. :)

However giving it the name 'Hibernia' would imply some ancient roman given legitimacy to the people of Ireland and probably wouldn't be preferred by a more anglicized Ireland with a Cromwell's England.

Using Ireland seems to me most likely, that or simply not using the name Ireland at all but rather splitting it into 4 republican territories/departments/provinces/areas, and using the names of the Cuige themselves, perhaps more anglicized.

But honestly, a lot lot lot lot lot of Irish words, Irish placenames, and Irish people names are already anglicized, even if your Cromwell's England preferred to emphasize the anglo-saxon in anglicized, and tried to make the hiberno-norman namings of places disappear.

They wouldn't rename it.

Little Britain?

That would be 'Britanny', France's pet Celtic nation-state, which was formed (I may be wrong) when displaced Celts from the Anglo-Saxon invasion of Britain (forming 'England') happened... so would they really even consider such a name for a territory so close to Britanny? I don't think so.

Would really confuse 'Briton' 'British', just for one.