Name for a Liverpool/Manchester Megacity?

Considering the area made its money through the cotton trade and has very left wing councils I'd expect there to be pressure to name the North West conurbation after some renowned abolitionist or former slave.

Considering the area made its money through the cotton trade and has very left wing councils I'd expect there to be pressure to name the North West conurbation after some renowned abolitionist or former slave.
Wilberforce? Though he was from near Hull. Maybe something for Thomas Clarkson? His speech in Manchester was pretty important for the local movement. And he was nearly killed by a gang of sailors in Liverpool so maybe he is relatable?

Deleted member 94680

I figured that'd be the case, and thanks for your thoughts!
In the seventies a lot of the regions formed in ‘72/‘74 had characterless geographical names. This would seem to be from that time.
I've never heard of Montfort before, and googling it comes up with places throughout the UK. Worcestershire, Leicestershire, and indeed Merseyside and Lancashire. Supposedly it's a French family name? What ties it to Liverpool-Manchester?
Simon de Montfort was an Earl of Leicester and held up as an early proponent of democratic government (also a massive antisemite, but that bit - unsurprisingly - didn’t get much attention until much more recently) as he formed parliaments that included representatives of the people. He was a Duke of Lancaster during his control of tHe country in 1265-65.

Greater Mersey City or Greater Merseyside works for me

Or perhaps have the 'new super city' named after the Queen?

Queen Elizabeth II City (which of course would be shortened to Liz Town or Liz City or something) with a the various parts retaining their own identity like London does

Greater Mersey City or Greater Merseyside works for me

Or perhaps have the 'new super city' named after the Queen?

Queen Elizabeth II City (which of course would be shortened to Liz Town or Liz City or something) with a the various parts retaining their own identity like London does
Elizopolis.

Whatever it’s named, neither of the old cities will like it.
Manchester nicknames:
"Cottonopolis", "Warehouse City", "Madchester"
Liverpool nicknames:
Dublin's Backyard, East Dublin, Ireland's Second Capital, The World Capital of Pop, The World in One City
None of those seem agreeable compromises.
Their mottos’ are:
Liverpool:
Deus Nobis Haec Otia Fecit ("God has granted us this ease")
Manchester:
Latin: "Concilio Et Labore" "By wisdom and effort"
So, combined:

Celdnhof

“By wisdom and effort god has granted us this ease.”
And the arguments start of that is a hard C or an S sounding C.

Isn't that in Texas?
When you fly out of Trondheim in Norway you have to go on the Highway to Hell to get to the airport. It does freeze:
x7tlhiaf0td11.jpg

Hell has a train station too:
19a64bbe7b385d30202b867d9469a73d.jpg

There was a survey to identify which was UK's 2nd city.
The people of Birmingham said 'Birmingham'
Mancunians said 'Manchester'.
Liverpudlians said 'London'.

It doesn't matter what a map says, there is no way people from Manchester or Liverpool will ever accept the other's name.