My first alt-history timeline.{Working Title: 'Forever Wanted'}

Well, folks, I have been waiting a LOOOOONNGGG time to show you this.
I first created this timeline in late 2009, and so far, I have come up with, like, thousandsof ideas............{No, really}. Unfortunately, there is a major, and I do mean, major problem.

I have been suffering from this unbelievable case of writer's block........I'm sorry to say.

Nevertheless, I am continuing onwards towards my goal.

Here is a rough sketch of my timeline:
The first major PoD is in the late 1700s{think: just after the Revolutionary War}, and it is surprisingly similar to OTL, with a few changes.

Here are a couple of spoilers:

1. The U.S. has remained relatively intact, considering the PoD.
2. Canada survives the PoD, but not exactly in one piece...........
3. There were still 2 world wars.
4. A certain former British colony has a LOT more cultural influence than it does in OTL{hint: it's not in North America}.

I apologize if the working title sounds a little strange, but I couldn't come up with anything better{if you have any ideas, please let me know.}

The first map I made of this project will be coming up soon..............

Wish me luck. ;)

I apologize for the double post, but.............

I think it's about time to put up the first picture that I made of the TL...........

And here it is:
My-First-AH-TL-175358507

{Here's the URL in case it doesn't show up:
http://CaliBoy1990.deviantart.com/art/My-First-AH-TL-175358507}

It's a bit of a rough sketch, but it'll kinda give you an idea on what to expect.

Hope you guys like it ;)

Cook

Banned
Here is a rough sketch of my timeline:
The first major PoD is in the late 1700s{think: just after the Revolutionary War}, and it is surprisingly similar to OTL, with a few changes.

Was this a typo and you meant the 1800s (1800 to 1809) or do you mean just after the Revolutionary War, which would be the 1780s rather than the 1700s?

I’m not trying to nit pick even if it looks that way, just seeking clarification?
:confused:

Was this a typo and you meant the 1800s (1800 to 1809) or do you mean just after the Revolutionary War, which would be the 1780s rather than the 1700s?

I’m not trying to nit pick even if it looks that way, just seeking clarification?
:confused:
late 1700s

I think it's about time to put up the first picture that I made of the TL...........

And here it is:
My-First-AH-TL-175358507

{Here's the URL in case it doesn't show up:
http://CaliBoy1990.deviantart.com/art/My-First-AH-TL-175358507}

It's a bit of a rough sketch, but it'll kinda give you an idea on what to expect.

Hope you guys like it ;)

Hello everybody, and thanks for taking the time to comment.

I apologize for that image problem, btw, I guess that wasn't the best idea :eek:

Let's see if this option works:
{sorry, folks: even though I just recently thought of attaching the original image from my PC it was too big anyway :confused: ...........ah well :cool:}

http://caliboy1990.deviantart.com/art/My-First-AH-TL-175358507

As a hopefully helpful suggestion (coming from a relative newbie myself), let me be the first to make this comment on the map: For a POD in the late 1780's, the boundaries and names of the U.S. states are extremely close to their current boundaries.

I appreciate the help, but I must be the first to admit, I really don't believe in full application of the butterfly effect...............not to mention the first PoDs I had in mind were rather small in scope.

{I can tell you this, though; Vandalia and the Labrador Territory have both been retconned.}

I appreciate the help, but I must be the first to admit, I really don't believe in full application of the butterfly effect

Neither do I, but... I guess I shouldn't say anything more without knowing your POD's and timeline. But, there are some butterflies you can't avoid -- unless that northern U.S. Border is the result of late 19th century invasion from Canada and that green country. That's all I'm going to say without more information about your timeline.

Neither do I, but... I guess I shouldn't say anything more without knowing your POD's and timeline. But, there are some butterflies you can't avoid -- unless that northern U.S. Border is the result of late 19th century invasion from Canada and that green country. That's all I'm going to say without more information about your timeline.

Spoiler: There was a brief political conflict between the U.S. and Canada in the 1880s, kinda like the Pig War , that set most of the U.S.-Canadian border at the 46th parallel instead of the 49th as in OTL.
Also, Canada underwent a 6-year civil war in 1905, which split the country in 2: A liberal and overall progressive west, and a more traditionally conservative east{parts of Quebec are an exception, though.}...........{Western Ontario became Keewatin, which was heavily disputed until 1946, when it was given to West Canada}

Last edited:
Hello everybody, and thanks for taking the time to comment.

I apologize for that image problem, btw, I guess that wasn't the best idea :eek:

Let's see if this option works:
{sorry, folks: even though I just recently thought of attaching the original image from my PC it was too big anyway :confused: ...........ah well :cool:}

http://caliboy1990.deviantart.com/art/My-First-AH-TL-175358507

you can:

copy and paste an image into Paint

"select all"/select the entire image and then

reduce the size of the image

and that would get it down to an uploadable size.

you can:

copy and paste an image into Paint

"select all"/select the entire image and then

reduce the size of the image

and that would get it down to an uploadable size.

Well, hello, and thanks! This story is kinda sorta is storage mode, though; i.e., I've moved on to other projects.