MotF 77: On the Road Again

Finally got the map done. This is part of a settlement of the Rocky Mountains from the west by the Spanish.

Camino Colorado With Text.png

So, I made my first ever map, don't be too harsh when you see it;)
But, I don't know how I can get it up on to here, as I made it with paint.net
Any help, please?
I can't upload it on postimage, or imgur, or on these forums, and I'm afraid that if I convert the picture type then the quality will be decreased.

Oh, it's fine now, flattened it and changed it's type thingy:)
So, yea, as I said, first map ever wooo, and I know it's not very good but I spent quite a while on it, so, heregoes.

Sir George Remi never existed in OTL, so his birth on the 9th December 1901 is the first POD, really, although this led to no major consequences different from OTL. This fictional man was a lover of Balkan and Medittereanean cultures; their food, clothes, music, traditions and especially their women. He first experienced life in South-East Europe as a child, where his father had worked in the British Embassies in Athens, Sofia and Cetinje. His father then received employment at a higher salary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, back in London, when George was 13. His tutor was Macedonian, and it was he who taught George about the wider politics, history and geography of the Balkans. George's other passion was writing, and during his youth he wrote a lot about history and his experiences. Almost as soon as he returned to the UK, World War I broke out, and, at the age of 16 in 1918, George enrolled in the British Army, fighting in a few battles. After this, he gained employment at The Daily Telegraph writing weekly about his experiences and his view of the politics of the time, an unprecedented post for a young man, under the alias of H. Montgomery, a 45-year old Oxbridge educated man, a character created by the newspaper in order to conceal the fact he was a young boy with no formal training. Whilst writing, he enrolled at The University of Oxford studying History. Once he graduated, the newspaper revealed his true identity. He continued to grow in popularity and, when inheriting a sum of money from his great aunt's estate upon her death, he approached the editor of the Telegraph about resigning from his column as he wished to tour Southern Europe. They came to a compromise; George could travel on the condition that he continued to write for the newspaper, about his travels if he so wished. The column was a hit, and he repeated it in different locations twice after that.

Anyway, whilst all of this was going on, there were other things happening: most notably the End of World War I, and how the major powers dealed with it.
George Remi was knighted in 1963 for services to literature and to charity.
The major POD's for this map are that;

-Constantine of Greece marries a British Princess, and not a German one, and is therefore more willing to enter World War I on the side of the Allies.
-Italy is awarded North Tyrol and the Dodecanese Islands for its help in the War. Rise of Fascism is stunted.
-Greece is awarded Eastern Thrace, Cyprus and the North side of the Dardanelles. Because of this, Greeks are a lot more pleased than IOTL and the Monarchy, backed by Britain, stays in place.
-Prince Alfred of Lichtenstein attends the Council of Versailles, and ensures the territorial survival of the Duchy of Opava. He subsequently dies and the Council agree that the Duchy shouldn't be a territory of Lichtenstein after all. It is instead given to Prince Louis of Battenberg, pro-Allied German Prince and relative of the British Royal Family. (I thought a Duchy of Opava would be cool so I put it into the map before researching it. Big mistake. Just go along with this explanation, ahaha.)
-Nicholas, Prince of Montenegro, doesn't announce himself King in 1910. He dies in 1917. Not wishing to twist the balance of power in the Balkans, Montenegro is prevented from joining the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats & Slovenes.
-People's Republic of West Ukraine announces itself Free Galicia, amid rebellion from the Poles and the Jews living in the cities. It is backed by Bolshevik Russia, who intend to incorporate it into their young country, in it's war against the Second Polish Republic.
-North Epirus is in a state of revolt against the Italian-occupied state of Albania (No Treaty of London)

Wooooww, that's a lot of POD's..
Although I've basically just described what's changed in the map, not the POD's, erm, forgive me, this is my first map, so, era, yea, bye.

okayokay.png

Last edited:

Krall

Banned
So, I made my first ever map, don't be too harsh when you see it;)
But, I don't know how I can get it up on to here, as I made it with paint.net
Any help, please?
I can't upload it on postimage, or imgur, or on these forums, and I'm afraid that if I convert the picture type then the quality will be decreased.

Glad to see you figured it out - what I usually do when I make images with Paint.NET is save an unflattened version as a PDN file, and a separate flattened version as a PNG. Then I can always edit the image after finishing it, if I need to.

Anyway, the entry period is now over and all discussion should now take place in the Voting Thread. :)