• B_Munro

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Ares96

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • Beedok

Votes: 20 19.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was going off of whether the title was/is widely considered to be and recognised as monarchical, which excludes Shogun. Requiring the entries to conform to that definition of "monarch" would also exclude elected monarchs and constitutional monarchs, which I do not think should be excluded.

On further thought you're probably right, though it might have been better to make it clearer beforehand. Since actual power was held by the shogun, and it was hereditary, people can easily make the mistake.

Krall

Banned
On further thought you're probably right, though it might have been better to make it clearer beforehand. Since actual power was held by the shogun, and it was hereditary, people can easily make the mistake.

That would've been a good idea, though I generally try to keep the challenge and restrictions as simple as possible so they're not confusing. I was hoping if anyone wasn't sure about what counted as a monarch then they would PM to ask first.

Yay! I came in a shared second! This is the best I've done since MoF 21.

Congratulations are in order to Kaiphranos, whose map of a surviving Palmyrene Empire was pure awesomeness and a worthy winner, and to Beedok, whose map of Emperor Norton's Californian Empire was a truly interesting and original concept.

Congratulations are in order to Kaiphranos, whose map of a surviving Palmyrene Empire was pure awesomeness and a worthy winner, and to Beedok, whose map of Emperor Norton's Californian Empire was a truly interesting and original concept.

Thank you very much--with so many excellent maps this round, I feel quite honored to have won! Here's hoping the next round is just as successful!

Krall

Banned

What this guy said, with an additional thank you to everyone who entered (even those who didn't qualify), and a lamentation that we don't have fights to the death to resolve ties for second place! :D

What this guy said, with an additional thank you to everyone who entered (even those who didn't qualify), and a lamentation that we don't have fights to the death to resolve ties for second place! :D

Which reminds me--Iserlohn and I still need to have our duel to decide MotF 56...

Make that a relieved sigh on my part. Also, I believe the precedent set by me and LSCatilina was that we resolve ties by map duels, and not by helicopters picking the contestants up and dropping them off in the middle of the desert with nothing but a pistol loaded with bullets.

Krall

Banned
Make that a relieved sigh on my part. Also, I believe the precedent set by me and LSCatilina was that we resolve ties by map duels, and not by helicopters picking the contestants up and dropping them off in the middle of the desert with nothing but a pistol loaded with bullets.

Well the Kaiphranos vs. Iserlohn Map Duel (which has begun, in that the contestants are aware of their challenge - which is "The Gun is Our Government", for those interested) was going to be decided by a hot air balloon rifle fight to the death, but *apparently* that's illegal.