• The Tai-Pan

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Terran Emperor

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Aven

Votes: 28 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My vote went to zalezsky; I liked the style and symbols.
Thanks!! I voted for Aven
tumblr_inline_nnqj4tOXW31t0a2od_540.jpg

I didn't at first, but a quick Google search turned up this. Not sure Medieval Norsemen would've been speaking modern Norwegian, though. :p

Bingo :XD: I must admit, to my great shame, that I didn't pay much attention when we were taking ancient Norse 101 <:c I'm a bad student . . .

Krall

Banned
Bingo :XD: I must admit, to my great shame, that I didn't pay much attention when we were taking ancient Norse 101 <:c I'm a bad student . . .

If I'm being brutally honest, your map is amazing but the lack of research cost you my vote, I'm afraid. Mainly the bit early on about how the inhabitants of Dublin never suspected the invading Vikings would want to stay, despite the inhabitants of Dublin being Norse settlers themselves. :eek:

If I'm being brutally honest, your map is amazing but the lack of research cost you my vote, I'm afraid. Mainly the bit early on about how the inhabitants of Dublin never suspected the invading Vikings would want to stay, despite the inhabitants of Dublin being Norse settlers themselves. :eek:

Your brutality wounds me! *dies*

There's two kinds of alternate historians. There's the ones who create an alternate history to the detail and then create maps to go with it and then there's the "bad" ones who work with certain specific ideas instead of creating an impenetrable wall of a backstory XD I'm one of the bad alt. historians. As I've said many times, I explore an idea, make a map and then create a backstory to fit it ;) Hence why you vote for the entry with the solid background, I vote for the interesting idea ;) Each to their own. As Life of Brian taught us, you are all individuals! *faint echo* we are all individuals!

And mind you, if I've learned one thing by studying history it's that all the things we consider obvious or matter of fact , all the reactions we'd expect people to exhibit tend to mean squat when push comes to shove :) Again and again, history throws completely unexpected things in our faces and we're left wondering "where the hell did that come from" o_O while trying to clean up the mess and gore XD

Krall

Banned
Your brutality wounds me! *dies*

There's two kinds of alternate historians. There's the ones who create an alternate history to the detail and then create maps to go with it and then there's the "bad" ones who work with certain specific ideas instead of creating an impenetrable wall of a backstory XD I'm one of the bad alt. historians. As I've said many times, I explore an idea, make a map and then create a backstory to fit it ;) Hence why you vote for the entry with the solid background, I vote for the interesting idea ;) Each to their own. As Life of Brian taught us, you are all individuals! *faint echo* we are all individuals!

And mind you, if I've learned one thing by studying history it's that all the things we consider obvious or matter of fact , all the reactions we'd expect people to exhibit tend to mean squat when push comes to shove :) Again and again, history throws completely unexpected things in our faces and we're left wondering "where the hell did that come from" o_O while trying to clean up the mess and gore XD

Actually I usually go for the entry with the best looking map - hence why I was going to vote for you - but that detail stuck in my mind and I decided to just not vote instead. :p

Actually I usually go for the entry with the best looking map - hence why I was going to vote for you - but that detail stuck in my mind and I decided to just not vote instead. :p

*shrugs* as I said, each to their own :) Everybody has different things they like and different criteria they prefer.

Well, this is the 120th poll, and the voting isn't closed yet, so we'll have to wait and see if we get two ties in a row! :D

Oh god, I don't think I'd be able to take two duels :I After all, I'm only one super-human but even I have my limits . . .

Oh god, I don't think I'd be able to take two duels :I After all, I'm only one super-human but even I have my limits . . .

So what is this then? "Map Duel for Glory and Honor VII: Krall's New Nightmare"?

Krall

Banned
Another tie!

So what is this then? "Map Duel for Glory and Honor VII: Krall's New Nightmare"?

And again I don't need to come up with a ridiculous subtitle for it! :D

Aven is currently in another Map Duel at the moment so, Aven and zalezsky, do you think it's a good idea to put off the official start of this Map Duel until the previous one is done? I don't want to overwhelm anyone, and there are 3 (I think) ongoing Map Duels already! :eek:

Another tie!

Aven is currently in another Map Duel at the moment so, Aven and zalezsky, do you think it's a good idea to put off the official start of this Map Duel until the previous one is done? I don't want to overwhelm anyone, and there are 3 (I think) ongoing Map Duels already! :eek:

Krall's nightmare: Episode II The Duels Strike Back
And yes I'm fine with putting it off however I'm excited to duel!
43772999.jpg

Hey, what can I say? I'm good at something.

I'd recommend starting both duels, but just know that they'll probably take a while. My duel took a couple of months due to RL conflicts. And this way, Aven can work on whichever one he or she wants to first.

Another tie!

Wow, really? Three? o_O How old?