Morning Glory: Breakfast Television In The UK

"It was awful, just awful, it was dull, boring, the team had no idea what to do and the so called 'mission to explain' was a load of bollocks. I'm surprised it lasted that long"

(Michael Parkinson, 2015)

In this timeline I'll be looking at what could have happened if TV-AM had been stripped of its licence to broadcast in 1983 as opposed to losing the franchise round in 1991..

In this timeline I'll be looking at what could have happened if TV-AM had been stripped of its licence to broadcast in 1983 as opposed to losing the franchise round in 1991.
As someone who has no clue as to the context behind this what effect does this change have?

Kind of I just don’t know any of the context is around TV-AM and I was kind of wondering how the pod of this timeline changes things?
There's a ton of info about TV-AM online but to boil it down TV-AM nearly collapsed in its early stages due to the wrong format, wrong presenters, audience apathy and behind the scenes chaos.

It stabilised under Bruce Gyngell's leadership and actually thrived until it's loss of the franchise.
No Roland Rat? :'(
We'll see :-D

Will doctor who play a part in this? Because that about the extent of whaT I know about British television, that and a few cartoons like danger mouse, count duckula and avenger penguins.

Will doctor who play a part in this? Because that about the extent of whaT I know about British television, that and a few cartoons like danger mouse, count duckula and avenger penguins.
Not here. There are a lot of superb DW TL's on here including some by me but I've wanted to try this for a while.

When the IBA re-offered the contract only one consortium applied. Daybreak Television made up of ITN, Thames and Disney as well as Barclays won by default.Starting at 7AM (after a deal with the unions) Daybreak's weekday schedule was simple. Morning Edition (and the rest of the current affairs would be presented by ITN) with Thames hosting AM-UK and Start The Day.

Last edited: