Moiciba Guazabara

Oooooh... interesting. Despite the update hinting at an English route around Africa, I am guessing the title is in Taino.

I look forward to more.

Japhy

Banned
I'm glad to see this getting underway. The British trying to cut their way into the Portuguese routes is cool, I'm sure what develops in the Americas will equally be so thanks to the European delay.

Cool, it's here!

I doubt that European contact with the Americas can be delayed too long, given all the rumors floating around, but it will be interesting to see what happens with the delay and the earlier focus on Africa.

Its finally up!:D

Yep!:D

Oooooh... interesting. Despite the update hinting at an English route around Africa, I am guessing the title is in Taino.

I look forward to more.

You guess correctly, sir.;)

Good stuff, I'm liking the detail

Thanks, I try.:)

I'm glad to see this getting underway. The British trying to cut their way into the Portuguese routes is cool, I'm sure what develops in the Americas will equally be so thanks to the European delay.

Thank you. Things are certainly going to get interesting indeed.

Cool, it's here!

I doubt that European contact with the Americas can be delayed too long, given all the rumors floating around, but it will be interesting to see what happens with the delay and the earlier focus on Africa.

Yep, it will only be delayed for so long, unfortunately. Though what they find will surprise them. ;)

Interested to see where you decide to go with this.

Thanks, glad to see you're on board.

Huehuecoyotl

Monthly Donor
Thanks, glad to see you're on board.

Glad to see someone finally tackling this! It will be interesting to see how matters in the Aztec and Inca Empires progress if they go (for a time) uninterrupted by European adventurers and smallpox.

katchen

Banned
Don't forget Navarre and don't forget the Basques. IOTL, Navarre was totally upstaged and even landlocked by Castille but ITTL, with Castille on the ropes from the Muslims, Navarre may have the chance to take Bilbao and San Sebastian. And the Basques already know about America, since they've been fishing off the Grand Banks and drying their catch on Newfoundland and Nova Scotia and doing some trading with the Beothuk and Miqmaq and possibly even Abenaki. So perhaps an independent Navarre, becoming the political face of the Basques can be one of the nations that discovers and makes use of the New World.

Don't forget Navarre and don't forget the Basques. IOTL, Navarre was totally upstaged and even landlocked by Castille but ITTL, with Castille on the ropes from the Muslims, Navarre may have the chance to take Bilbao and San Sebastian. And the Basques already know about America, since they've been fishing off the Grand Banks and drying their catch on Newfoundland and Nova Scotia and doing some trading with the Beothuk and Miqmaq and possibly even Abenaki. So perhaps an independent Navarre, becoming the political face of the Basques can be one of the nations that discovers and makes use of the New World.

Thanks for that. I knew about the Basque fisherman, and the suggestion for Navarre is a good idea. I intended for Spain to have some more setbacks, and having Iberia be a much more divided place for the foreseeable future ITTL.

Interesting start and I'll be interesting to see where it goes.

I don't know if I would put much stock in re-establishing Moorish Granada, though, as you seem to be setting up. The Granada remnant that was last conquered by Spain was largely independent of Africa and had actually been paying tribute to Castille for years prior to the last war. It was an artifact that existed longer than it really had the strength and allies to support, and the minute it was more useful and profitable for the Reyes Catolicos to utterly destroy it, they did.

Granted, if the Ottomans get involved it is possible but that seems out of character for their foreign policy in this time period.

Good luck, I'll be following this.

katchen

Banned
My pleasure.:) If Navarre can remain viably independent, it can be a refuge for Iberia's Jews too (to Navarre's great benefit). And possibly become a combination of commercial and colonizing nation somewhere between the Netherlands and England. And Basque can become a more important language with more people in the world speaking it.:)

Interesting start and I'll be interesting to see where it goes.

I don't know if I would put much stock in re-establishing Moorish Granada, though, as you seem to be setting up. The Granada remnant that was last conquered by Spain was largely independent of Africa and had actually been paying tribute to Castille for years prior to the last war. It was an artifact that existed longer than it really had the strength and allies to support, and the minute it was more useful and profitable for the Reyes Catolicos to utterly destroy it, they did.

Granted, if the Ottomans get involved it is possible but that seems out of character for their foreign policy in this time period.

Good luck, I'll be following this.

I haven't fleshed it out completely. Morocco sees an opportunity to expand into Europe than Africa; and in terms of Ottoman support, more "gold and mercenaries" than Janissaries marching into Spain. It probably won't last very long, but the aim of shattering Spain and disrupting Portugal for a time was the key.

My pleasure.:) If Navarre can remain viably independent, it can be a refuge for Iberia's Jews too (to Navarre's great benefit). And possibly become a combination of commercial and colonizing nation somewhere between the Netherlands and England. And Basque can become a more important language with more people in the world speaking it.:)

I was looking for someone with the means, motivation, and small enough to be overlooked as they begin some later expansions into the Americas (or whatever they end up getting called in TTL).

How about the fur trade and maybe gold. There is gold in the north east of the US and in Altantic canada, just not a huge amount. All it would take is the rumer of gold along with a small but steady trickle

Glad to see someone finally tackling this! It will be interesting to see how matters in the Aztec and Inca Empires progress if they go (for a time) uninterrupted by European adventurers and smallpox.

Missed You, but...;)

How about the fur trade and maybe gold. There is gold in the north east of the US and in Altantic canada, just not a huge amount. All it would take is the rumer of gold along with a small but steady trickle

Well I'm not worried about what would attract them in the future, more who.

Moiciba Guazabara #2

Gua+Ban+Ceh.JPG

Last edited: