Modern day Sarawak

Say that Charles Brook does not relinquish control of sarawak to Britain and continues to lead the raj as independent, what would the nation look like today? How would his nephew Raj Anthony I Brook and his son Raj James II Brook rule the nation? What would the relation be between the nation and Malaya or Indonesia? How would the white rajas be viewed as monarchs locally or internationally? What would culture look like?

Well, they've got all that oil. If they take advantage of that and funnel the profits back into the country instead of only their pockets, I think they could survive till the 21st century.

Even presuming the dynasty remains popular among the populace and stops (how shall I put this) wandering so far afield to find consorts, I would expect anything resembling OTL's Malaya and Indonesia to be glaring at some English adventurer's playground retaining it's independence not rejoining the motherland. The Oil Money and deals with outside powers are going to be rather important unless the Sultans' Club on the Peninsula makes a very nice offer.

Even presuming the dynasty remains popular among the populace and stops (how shall I put this) wandering so far afield to find consorts, I would expect anything resembling OTL's Malaya and Indonesia to be glaring at some English adventurer's playground retaining it's independence not rejoining the motherland. The Oil Money and deals with outside powers are going to be rather important unless the Sultans' Club on the Peninsula makes a very nice offer.
I could imagine that Sarawak would be a important factor in the Indonesian war of independence with both sides making incursions into the “independent” nation.