Middle Ages Sources

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any good sources in reference to the Mid. Ages.
For sometime now I have relied upon Wikipedia Sources and Geacron but I would love to have something more substantial.
Thanks in advance
EN

Sources for what, exactly? I've got loads of stuff, but rather than just dump it all on you to sort out, it might help if I know what you want/need most. :)

The digital Monumenta Germaniae Historica is an excellent resource. Focused on Germany, but covering a lot of resources that go well beyond it, full texts searchable in the original languages, and free.

http://www.dmgh.de/

The instructions are in German, but the search function is fairly intuitive

What kind of information are you looking for? How people lived? What they wore, or ate, or did for entertainment? Historical annals of who ruled what area in which century? Literature from the period? If I know which topics you're most interested in, I can pick out links for you.

If you want to research something seriously, there's no substitute for proper books. This often means spending money, but you can get some older, but still good, books for free as e-books via Project Gutenberg.
For example, here's a couple (which I haven't read, so can't properly recommend, but give you an idea):
Anglo-Saxon Britain by Grant Allen: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/16790
Medieval Europe by H. W. Carless Davis: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6369

Sometimes you can find a good free e-book by having a look on Amazon, then searching for it on Gutenberg in case it's an older one 'repackaged' for Amazon which then charges for it (to be fair to Amazon, though, often these have been well re-done so easier to read on Kindle/tablet/PC/etc).

If you've been using Wikipedia, have a look at some of the sources listed too - some might be free online (though the more serious/scholarly ones most likely won't be).

Obviously, libraries are a great source as well if you want to get a 'real' book but can't afford to buy it (or want to try it first).

As the others have said, if you give us an idea of what subject/century/country/combination you're interested in, we can maybe make more specific recommendations.

Thanks for all the responses, I have saved them all for future reference. dose anyone have anything about Empires from the 13th-18th centuries? Especially in reference to the following areas: Age of Exploration, how it assisted the spread of Imperialism, values and motivations of these empires. How did new ideas challenge traditional beliefs? How did science and technology change daily life and how were they harnessed?

Thanks again everyone

Thanks for all the responses, I have saved them all for future reference. dose anyone have anything about Empires from the 13th-18th centuries? Especially in reference to the following areas: Age of Exploration, how it assisted the spread of Imperialism, values and motivations of these empires. How did new ideas challenge traditional beliefs? How did science and technology change daily life and how were they harnessed?

Thanks again everyone

Offhand, I can think of a few primary sources (or their closest equivalent) for colonial Spanish America.

Bernal Díaz del Castillo was one of the conquistadores in Cortés's conquest of Mexico, and his work "The True History of the Conquest of New Spain" is considered a classic today.

I think Franciscan friar Bernardino de Sahagún is considered the "father of anthropology". He wrote about the Nahua peoples and Aztec history.

Garcilaso de la Vega chronicled Incan history and legends, as well as Hernando de Soto's actions in Florida. Though his writings were after the fact, consider that many of the first Spaniards to arrive in the New World were illiterate (such as Pizarro).

Bartolomé de las Casas's "Destruction of the Indies" was an influential book about Spanish atrocities towards the American Indians. I'll warn you that it's not well written, but it has considerable historical value.

Secondary sources:

"1491" by Charles C. Mann examines pre-Columbian civilizations in the Americas.

"The Broken Spears" by Miguel Leon-Portilla is about the Aztec perspective of the Spanish conquest.

"Vermeer's Hat" by Timothy Brook is more of global history, though it discusses topics such as the silver mines of Potosí in what is now Bolivia. (Alto Peru when it was a colony) It's mostly about the Dutch East India company (VOC) from what I remember.

"The Columbian Exchange" by Alfred Crosby is a bit dated now, but is an important book about the historical effects of European diseases and American crops.