Megaproject: Lake Kennedy

As a fellow Alaskan this makes me happy and I loved your other Megaproject timelines AV. Great just great and I can't wait for your Alaskan Revolution.

The second following sentence confuses me.

Sorry about that; let me explain.

According to Department of Energy figures, Alaskans burn the electrical equivalent of 3.5 gigawatts of natural gas to heat their homes.

If no natural gas was burned, it would take that amount of electricity to heat their homes.

Because not all homes will be converted to electric heat, it'll be somewhat less than that.

As a fellow Alaskan this makes me happy and I loved your other Megaproject timelines AV. Great just great and I can't wait for your Alaskan Revolution.

Glad you like it! The Alaskan Revolution is still in the research phase, so it's some months off. I probably won't have the time to start writing it until April or so, but the ICBM story should be done by then.

Sorry about that; let me explain.

According to Department of Energy figures, Alaskans burn the electrical equivalent of 3.5 gigawatts of natural gas to heat their homes.

If no natural gas was burned, it would take that amount of electricity to heat their homes.

Because not all homes will be converted to electric heat, it'll be somewhat less than that.

I think he's objecting to the "replacement of gas by natural gas" part :)

Why would an ICBM program be called the Manhattan Project, that name was kinda taken up already.

If, instead of spending the giant sums on nuclear weapons development from 1941-1945, the US government had put those funds into a Goddard et alia inspired ballistic missile project, then the name Mahattan Project could be used.

That's my guess, anyway.

Or if they combined the missile developement with the warhead developement. Thus, the missiles share and/or inherit the Manhattan Project name from the nuke projects.