Map Thread XXII

mr morbius

Kicked
1713899346856.png

Look, I was going to give this map the title ,,North America, but what if we stuck to old Colonial Borders?" but after re-analizing it i've decided that a better title is ,,North America if it was an affront to God, My Eyes and everything that is holy".

View attachment 902644
Look, I was going to give this map the title ,,North America, but what if we stuck to old Colonial Borders?" but after re-analizing it i've decided that a better title is ,,North America if it was an affront to God, My Eyes and everything that is holy".
For a second it looked like a shoe and despite it all I kind of like it. I assume Texas maintained it's claims and the bigger Utah is Deseret?

mr morbius

Kicked
For a second it looked like a shoe and despite it all I kind of like it. I assume Texas maintained it's claims and the bigger Utah is Deseret?
1. I can't unsee Texashoe now

2. Big Utah is the ,,I can't really split this state in 2 so i'll just leave it this way" state. But yeah it might be Deseret, but that seems like a bit of a cliche so i'll say it's Wyoming, and TTL's Wyoming is named Deseret becouse the Mormons got sent there.

1. I can't unsee Texashoe now

2. Big Utah is the ,,I can't really split this state in 2 so i'll just leave it this way" state. But yeah it might be Deseret, but that seems like a bit of a cliche so i'll say it's Wyoming, and TTL's Wyoming is named Deseret becouse the Mormons got sent there.
Meaning the small Southern one at the border ist most likely New Mexico?

1713906043908.png

Part of my current Canadian Maine project, the Former United States in 1823. ittl the USA fell apart after all the state claims finally came to blows when Virginia wouldn't give the Allegheny to Pennsylvania (also ittl Spain didnt help the rebellion, so Florida is kept by the British, and Maine splits off of Mass., and due to some pod shenanigans, it goes from one of the most pro-rebel to one of the most anti-rebel (don't question it). Napoleon also won in Europe because Britain never joined against them (they were busy in the 1AW) (the opposite, in fact, as Britain split Spain with France and the fmr. American nations)

View attachment 902670
Part of my current Canadian Maine project, the Former United States in 1823. ittl the USA fell apart after all the state claims finally came to blows when Virginia wouldn't give the Allegheny to Pennsylvania (also ittl Spain didnt help the rebellion, so Florida is kept by the British, and Maine splits off of Mass., and due to some pod shenanigans, it goes from one of the most pro-rebel to one of the most anti-rebel (don't question it). Napoleon also won in Europe because Britain never joined against them (they were busy in the 1AW) (the opposite, in fact, as Britain split Spain with France and the fmr. American nations)
Unorganized Territory, more commonly known as Ohio Is Extremely Confused And Upset it Wasn’t Just Given This Strip Of Territory.

View attachment 902670
What's the thing in New York and Massachusetts? Some kind of Federalist country?

Unorganized Territory, more commonly known as Ohio Is Extremely Confused And Upset it Wasn’t Just Given This Strip Of Territory.
Philadelphia essentially told ohio to trust the process:tm: (aka in a potential next war vs Columbia, they'll use it as claims to annex more of western virginia)
What's the thing in New York and Massachusetts? Some kind of Federalist country?
its the Republic of Liberia, formed after the First American War in order to control their former lands in Michigan better. It was formerly split between a Burrite and Hamiltonian factions, although they're currently in political chaos after their massive loss in the Second American War (well, they only lost their Michigan Territories, but still)

Which ones exactly?
The problem is that it's very easy to tell which borders you drew and which ones were already in the template you used. As basic advice, you should make sure your borders are (usually) one pixel wide, particularly around edges and corners, and that you use the border color (which is a very dark gray) rather than black.

The Angolan and the Mbunda wars of independence in my TL (1930s-1964)
The Mbunda were aided by the UK and that is why at first they win so quickly at first. An Angolan rebels-Mbunda alliance is established in the early 1950s, and Angola recognizes them.
angolanwarofindependence.gif

Last edited: