Map Thread XXII

Here are other weird as hell countries that I demand to know more about:
  • The Mr. Beast Clique (He's not THAT popular.)
  • Republic of Ukraine (I know there are Ukrainians there, but couldn't they have picked a better name?)
  • International Labor Camp (That can't be good.)
  • United Gamers of America (Why in New England?)
  • United Chinatown of Cascadia (Why there?)
  • Degenerate Island (???)
  • Republic of Canadia (Why the i?)
  • New Netherlands (That's Michigan.)
  • Principality of Islandia (Evil Sealand be like:)
  • Republic for the Congress (For?)
  • Aqistan (Huh?)
  • Republic of Slowjamistan? (Huh???)
>MrBeast
>"not THAT popular"
Jimmy has a combined 431 million subscribers across 19 YouTube channels (230 million of them on his main), and an additional 193 million across social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. If he wanted to assemble his own nation, he easily could.

That's fine, but how did they get un-Christianized between Diocletian and declaring the Neo-Ptolemaic Kingdom?
I dont believe i said anything about them being not Christian, the original Ptolemaic Egypt was around before Christianity was around, so i didnt think the religion would matter. It was mostly picked to invoke a Greek Egypt in order to stop the common ethnic Egyptians from overthrowing them, as the leading seceders were local Greek governors.

I dont believe i said anything about them being not Christian, the original Ptolemaic Egypt was around before Christianity was around, so i didnt think the religion would matter. It was mostly picked to invoke a Greek Egypt in order to stop the common ethnic Egyptians from overthrowing them, as the leading seceders were local Greek governors.
If they don't follow pre-Christian religion, what ties them to the Ptolemies though? If anything that would invoke incest and stuff, as well as pagan oppression of Christians. Why wouldn't they just call themselves Egypt. The geographical and political term Egypt was borrowed into Latin from Greek, so if they just call themselves Egypt while using Greek alphabet and spelling, then they already invoke Greek Egypt.

SED - The Hunt for Ushakov 1791 PNG.png

A relatively simple map made for the latest chapter of my TL concerning a war between Britain, Prussia and Russia in 1791. The map depicts the hunt for the Russian Counter Admiral Ushakov by an Allied Fleet of British, Ottoman and Algerian ships, ending in the Battle of Ochakov and pyrrhic victory for either the Allies or Russia, depending on who you ask.

The timeline, including the relevant chapter, can be found here.

Last edited:
>MrBeast
>"not THAT popular"
Jimmy has a combined 431 million subscribers across 19 YouTube channels (230 million of them on his main), and an additional 193 million across social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. If he wanted to assemble his own nation, he easily could.
he may have big internet number but I have never heard a single adult person describe themselves as a "big Mr Beast fan", the vast majority of his subs are either small children or casual viewers who don't really care about him that much. if it was someone like idk Kanye or Taylor Swift, people who actually have devotees, it would be more plausible (which is to say, still ridiculous, but my disbelief would be kinda suspendable)

Last edited:
If they don't follow pre-Christian religion, what ties them to the Ptolemies though? If anything that would invoke incest and stuff, as well as pagan oppression of Christians. Why wouldn't they just call themselves Egypt. The geographical and political term Egypt was borrowed into Latin from Greek, so if they just call themselves Egypt while using Greek alphabet and spelling, then they already invoke Greek Egypt.
Basically the guy claimed to be a relative of Ptolemy to gain power in Egypt, so followed through when he basically seceded.

Basically the guy claimed to be a relative of Ptolemy to gain power in Egypt, so followed through when he basically seceded.
While I'm not going to say that it's impossible for a guy to gain power by claiming relation to a family that's been out of power (and possibly entirely extinct?) for 450+ years, that's basically how the Fatimids gained power after all, it's extremely unlikely, with pretender claims more or less losing mainstream popularity after only a generation or two. It would be like someone claiming to be a descendant of the Ming Dynasty trying to take control of modern mainland China because of his family connections: while there is some nostalgia for the Ming (as far as I've heard), the family itself and anyone claiming to be from it is entirely irrelevant. The Fatimids were able to get away with it just because of how important the family they were claiming relation to was.

Last edited:
A41C37EC-3A92-40E8-9313-36FB5F98C4A6.jpeg

Map of the German Republic and its satellite states “brotherly nations” on the eve of the Great Continental War(known in Germany as the People’s Liberation War). The POD is far away from Europe, where a worse Shays’ Rebellion results in the unthinkable and George Washington is crowned the first Emperor of the United States. The failure to establish a republic in America lead to significant butterflies when time comes for France to have its own revolution, and instead of a revolutionary republic followed by return to monarchy under Napoleon like OTL, France becomes a constitutional monarchy with the Bourbons kept around and the Marquis de Lafayette as its first Prime Minister. The failure to create a republic in either America or France does not quell the tide of revolution, however; Prussia would experience a republican revolution not dissimilar to the one France experienced IOTL, and this Jacobinized Prussia would go on to unify Germany and establish a network of client states.

The German Republic adheres to a version of Rousseau’s philosophy, as interpreted by the Republic’s founders. In practice, TTL’s Germany’s ideology is fairly similar to that of the Jacobins IOTL, but with a few differences. Like revolutionary France IOTL, Germany is surrounded by enemies(namely, Britain, France, Russia, and Austria), all of whom would like to see the revolution extinguished. The Germans, in turn, would like to spread their values of Freiheit, Einheit, Gerechtigkeit throughout Europe and beyond. Due to this precarious situation, the Republic requires all male citizens to serve a minimum of three years in the military upon reaching legal adulthood. While the Republic has not gone to war since the Prussian Revolution(1848) and subsequent War of German Unification(1848-1854), it has put down several rebellions in its predominantly Catholic southern provinces, as well as its colonial empire(they see no dissonance between preaching liberty and oppressing their colonies). As tensions between the republic and its monarchist neighbors increases, the looming possibility of war once again threatens Europe.

...the vast majority of his subs are either small children or casual viewers who don't really care about him that much.
Child Labor Army Commune! Mr. Beast puts on an eyepatch and creates Outer Beastland, where children labor to make his chocolate bars, burgers, and pull trash out of the ocean.

Speaking of Outer Heaven…

While I'm not going to say that it's impossible for a guy to gain power by claiming relation to a family that's been out of power (and possibly entirely extinct?) for 450+ years, that's basically how the Fatimids gained power after all, it's extremely unlikely, with pretender claims more or less losing mainstream popularity after only a generation or two. It would be like someone claiming to be a descendant of the Ming Dynasty trying to take control of modern mainland China because of his family connections: while there is some nostalgia for the Ming (as far as I've heard), the family itself and anyone claiming to be from it is entirely irrelevant. The Fatimids were able to get away with it just because of how important the family they were claiming relation to was.
To be honest i didnt really put that much into them considering in this timeline the state only existed from 589 to 633 before being conquered by the Arabs

WIP: cover of a map for one of the earliest notable AH projects online, David Johnson's Trolleyworld. I've used some ideas from Edelstein's Male Rising world for Very Federal India.

dgpik5d-eba50afc-aa64-444a-9dc2-a0d3aee8922f.png

Last edited:

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'
I see the British Russia with the comparatively late POD and have questions- occupation during a civil war? A lot of the polities featured (Italian Libya, greater Second Reich) are familiar to AH enough to be featured on “Cliché Maps” but this has a unique spin

Also, Monarchy World by Tony Jones deserves a cover despite its spacefilling empires because “fewer plausible number of countries with no ARW” isn’t that common of a theme, and there are lots of internal borderd

Last edited:
I see the British Russia with the comparatively late POD and have questions- occupation during a civil war? A lot of the polities featured (Italian Libya, greater Second Reich) are familiar to AH enough to be featured on “Cliché Maps” but this has a unique spin

In the Trolleyworld timeline, the impactor which hit Tunguska hit St. Petersburg instead, decapitating the Russian government and setting off a messy multi-sided civil war. The Germans and Austrians moved in to Restore Order, with the Ottomans getting involved later: the British and French eventually got involved to prevent the Germanic nations from entirely dominating the former Russian Empire, and things turned into the long and bloody Eurowar, which ended in essentially stalemate.
Also, Monarchy World by Tony Jones deserves a cover despite its spacefilling empires because “fewer plausible number of countries with no ARW” isn’t that common of a theme, and there are lots of internal borderd

On my (far too long) "to do" list.
What basemap are you using?
Too large to attach: someone else gave me a link, so give me some time to track it down.