Map Thread XXII

A world map for a TL I'm coming up with:

gGr5ZAF.png

Is greater Persia ruled by the Safavids or a later dynasty?

A special map from yours truly, a world where North Korea got lucky in the Korean War early on, been in the works for over a few years, and the last one I'll make before I leave for vacation. Write up can be found in the link: here

dg8crln-c3a8f544-8f38-435a-bbc7-ec74d6948938.png

Edit: Forgot to add the version with the numbers.

Last edited:
A special map from yours truly, a world where North Korea got lucky in the Korean War early on, been in the works for over a few years, and the last one I'll make before I leave for vacation. Write up can be found in the link: here

dg8crln-a8dc31f5-b32b-4e47-8cec-6719ad6e3d8f.png
Yugoslavia seems to be doing well. Nice. Russia & China on the other hand look terrifying. Good for the Koreans tho IG.

That’s a cool flag for the DPRK.

No doubt the lore is interesting. Might give it a read when I’m a but less tired.

Splendid map either way.

Yugoslavia seems to be doing well. Nice. Russia & China on the other hand look terrifying. Good for the Koreans tho IG.

That’s a cool flag for the DPRK.

No doubt the lore is interesting. Might give it a read when I’m a but less tired.

Splendid map either way.
It's an alternate flag for a post-communist Korea that's no less authoritarian than its predecessor; I figured the Hwacha would be a more fitting symbol.

And as for Yugoslavia, I also figured it'd be nice to subvert the cliché about it breaking up.

I believe this was the world shown in a panel from the manga
So an alternate version of our world or just never explained version? Like, I've learned about the gist of the anime and I've explored people's analysis of the main protagonist/antagonist (his name escapes me) but I'm suddenly getting a lot more interested than before because I'd just assumed it was some fantasy planet and not taking place on an Earth that's geographically mirrored. So now I wonder if the year is ever mentioned when its supposed to be taking place.

dg8crln-a8dc31f5-b32b-4e47-8cec-6719ad6e3d8f.png
What does the US satellite coloring in Canada, Mexico, and Central America mean?
P.S. you seem to have forgotten to put numbers on the map, unless I'm blind.

Can anyone turn this world map of Berserk into a WorldA version?
View attachment 854902
hmmm, I'd change things around a bit- I think that Morgar is definitely Hungary and Wallatoria is Wallachia, especially since it's said that they have the most experience fighting the Kushan. I think the Kushan definitely control most of the Balkans. Further, Enoch Village should be between Godot's village and Vritannis, given that it's on Guts's way as he travels to a port to try to find Skellig and cure Casca. It wouldn't make sense for him to detour all the way to Greece. Plus Enoch Village definitely has a traditional Catholic European vibe, not anything Greek or Byzantine. I also see Randel as Poland (it's called the Randel Commonwealth) and Balden as either the Netherlands or Scandinavia, but really Balden can be anywhere. The (awful) Grunbeld novel also mentions Grant, which I think is supposed to be Iceland.

"Byzantine History, chapter 6:

Byzantine Empire (aka Rhomania or East Rome) in the 1270s & the Mongols

In the 1250s, the Mongols, coming straight from the Far East through Central Asia, started its conquests of the region known as Azerbaijan, Mesopotamia and the Cauasus.
The Byzantine Emperors were aware of the threat they posed, as stories of their conquests circulated through the Silk Road, and from the beginning sent envoys. As some high-ranking Mongols were Christians, they did not regard the Byzantines (known as the time simply as Romans) as enemies.
After the patriarch of Constantinople traveled to Karakorum accompained by influential monks, a fragile alliance was stablished between the two powers. The Mongols would refrain to attack Byzantine territories and their vassals, while the Byzantines would refrain to support militarily any enemy of the Mongols.
The next couple of decades, both States raided and conquered the mostly arab-controlled region of the Near East, and got the recently powerful Kingdom of Georgia partitioned between a Byzantine-dominated western Realm, and a Mongol-supported eastern one, until the death of Möngke Khan.
The stablishment of the de-facto independent Khanates of the Ilkhanate and the Golden Horde, as successors of the Empire, would bring new problems for the Eastern Romans: the Ilkhanate did not consider the alliance with them to be still in force, and in the years after the Khanate's forces raided western Georgia, Syria and Eastern Anatolia.
However, wars between the former Mongol territories and internal instability prevented them of making big efforts into Anatolia. The Komnenians were safe, for now."

1270 - Komnenian.png

When I made this map, I thought I'd only make that one, however, I felt that series of maps on the same subject could also be interesting. Any suggestions on the topic will be welcomed!

"Byzantine History, chapter 6:

Byzantine Empire (aka Rhomania or East Rome) in the 1270s & the Mongols

In the 1250s, the Mongols, coming straight from the Far East through Central Asia, started its conquests of the region known as Azerbaijan, Mesopotamia and the Cauasus.
The Byzantine Emperors were aware of the threat they posed, as stories of their conquests circulated through the Silk Road, and from the beginning sent envoys. As some high-ranking Mongols were Christians, they did not regard the Byzantines (known as the time simply as Romans) as enemies.
After the patriarch of Constantinople traveled to Karakorum accompained by influential monks, a fragile alliance was stablished between the two powers. The Mongols would refrain to attack Byzantine territories and their vassals, while the Byzantines would refrain to support militarily any enemy of the Mongols.
The next couple of decades, both States raided and conquered the mostly arab-controlled region of the Near East, and got the recently powerful Kingdom of Georgia partitioned between a Byzantine-dominated western Realm, and a Mongol-supported eastern one, until the death of Möngke Khan.
The stablishment of the de-facto independent Khanates of the Ilkhanate and the Golden Horde, as successors of the Empire, would bring new problems for the Eastern Romans: the Ilkhanate did not consider the alliance with them to be still in force, and in the years after the Khanate's forces raided western Georgia, Syria and Eastern Anatolia.
However, wars between the former Mongol territories and internal instability prevented them of making big efforts into Anatolia. The Komnenians were safe, for now."

View attachment 855103

When I made this map, I thought I'd only make that one, however, I felt that series of maps on the same subject could also be interesting. Any suggestions on the topic will be welcomed!
What's up next time? Mongol Empire ITTL map (at fullest extent or maybe the expansion phases)?

What's up next time? Mongol Empire ITTL map (at fullest extent or maybe the expansion phases)?
The idea is to continue the “Textbook-style history of the Byzantine Empire” and so I don’t think I’d include a map of other countries, but I’ll look into it

Berserk takes place in OTL?
No, Berserk is set in a fictional fantasy world that has a very similar landmass and culture equivalents to our world's, like the world map of Warhammer Fantasy:
datecb5-19901c0a-2fa3-4a65-b786-694ec51f7ad0.png

I did not made this map, source is here: https://www.deviantart.com/royalpsycho/art/Warhammer-World-Map-by-Zanzibar-with-nations-654039761

I really like these uncanny fantasy versions of our world, they remind me of these beautiful romanticized 16th-17th century primitive world maps from OTL and stuff.
I believe this was the world shown in a panel from the manga
It does indeed comes from Volume 34, Episode 305, here is the map of OTL Europe overimposed over its continent analogue in Berserk:
berseurope.gif

Sadly this is the closest that there has ever been of an official Berserk world map drawn by Miura.
The (awful) Grunbeld novel also mentions Grant, which I think is supposed to be Iceland.
I've personally associated Iceland with Elfhelm, but Ireland could also serve as Elfhelm as well.

Last edited:
My MOTF entry, based on two maps I've wanted to do covers of for a long time (as well as a disastrous Rule the Waves campaign :p...)
MBEBT17.jpg

The 1920 Treaty of Whitehall was one of the most traumatic moments in American history - a near-total capitulation, brought on by blockade and invasion following the defeat of its European allies. The percieved vindictive and unfair nature of the treaty was a huge motivator in the growth of nationalistic and revanchist sentiment across the rump United States in the interwar period, touching all classes, including the intellectual elite. This pamphlet, produced by the then-obscure National Unity Party in 1922, highlighted the loss of American universities in an appeal to the educated upper class. The rise in such views led ultimately to the establishment of a military dictatorship and to early involvement in the cataclysmic Second World War...

See here and here for inspirations.

My MOTF entry, based on two maps I've wanted to do covers of for a long time (as well as a disastrous Rule the Waves campaign :p...)
Excellent map and an interesting scenario, but what's up with the Frankenstein's monster that is the American landmass here? It's like the Northeast and Midwest got blown up to 200% its original size and then conjoined to a normally sized map. I'd almost suspect it was some nationalist hijinx by the National Unity Party ITTL to exaggerate the scale of the losses to Canada/UK for people who aren't familiar with American geography, but the map in the lower left has proper proportions.

a_cursed_fantasy_multi_crossover__ft__earth__by_nucleep_dg8ibb4-pre.jpg

I made a very cursed fantasy crossover ISOT. :p I don't have enough knowledge of any of the settings to extrapolate, but it's fun to imagine the wackiness that would result!
Featuring the worlds of Avatar: the Last Airbender, Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire, The Elder Scrolls, Warhammer Fantasy, and OTL
(Yes, I know Earth 1444 isn't fantasy, but it's fun to imagine the Europeans getting the shock of their lives upon seeing everyone else)

Last edited: