Map Thread XXII

Indeed I did, I even have friends from there :'0

Shameful Display, I'm sorry and defiently tired...
Ah, the lore as it were is that the British mediated a peace after the Confederates win Antietam and proceed upward. Due to difficulty deciding where the states would go, Missouri and Kentucky are placed under interim governments and plebiscites are held to see which state wants to go where. Kentucky votes to re-join the union, however the interim government of Missouri, under the head of it's Lieutenant Governor before the war (Thomas Caute Reynolds, a confederate), ended up manipulating the votes to ensure Missouri joined (this was the 1860's so election fuckery is a bit easier).

An Alt-US State of Puerto Rico... In this TL, US bought it with Santo Domingo to Spain, in addition to Danish Virgin Islands, and there were many setllements of Afro-Americans fleeing persecutions in the south, as well as it was secretly projected by Ulysses Grant, like in OTL....

US State of Puerto Rico.png

zlnait2lzgfb1.png

The Emirate of Dhofar​

Situated beyond the great wilderness of the Empty Quarter, between the great regions of Yemen and Oman, the Emirate of Dhofar is perhaps the most remote kingdom in all of Arabia. Despite its isolation, the region is blessed by the annual Monsoon of Khareef which makes the capital region straddled by the Jabal al-Qara mountain range into a lush landscape suitable for extensive agriculture, in the otherwise arid Arab peninsula.

Seconding @Ulyanovsk what tools did you use for this?

Ah, the lore as it were is that the British mediated a peace after the Confederates win Antietam and proceed upward. Due to difficulty deciding where the states would go, Missouri and Kentucky are placed under interim governments and plebiscites are held to see which state wants to go where. Kentucky votes to re-join the union, however the interim government of Missouri, under the head of it's Lieutenant Governor before the war (Thomas Caute Reynolds, a confederate), ended up manipulating the votes to ensure Missouri joined (this was the 1860's so election fuckery is a bit easier).
I’m honestly unsure whether Kentucky would rejoin the Union or not. It’s weird to think about, but a major reason why Kentucky stayed with the Union is because early on they actually thought that the Union would better protect the institution of slavery in Kentucky than the Confederacy. After all, in their mind, seceding from the Union would basically nullify the Fugitive Slave Act, making it much easier for slaves to escape as they merely needed to cross over into Indiana or Ohio instead of Canada. Considering that TTL has both Missouri and West Virginia in the Confederacy, I could see the Union being much more abolitionist/pro-civil rights even compared to our own timeline, making it likely that Kentucky ends up voting to join the Confederacy on account of the latter’s defense of slavery.

I’m honestly unsure whether Kentucky would rejoin the Union or not. It’s weird to think about, but a major reason why Kentucky stayed with the Union is because early on they actually thought that the Union would better protect the institution of slavery in Kentucky than the Confederacy. After all, in their mind, seceding from the Union would basically nullify the Fugitive Slave Act, making it much easier for slaves to escape as they merely needed to cross over into Indiana or Ohio instead of Canada. Considering that TTL has both Missouri and West Virginia in the Confederacy, I could see the Union being much more abolitionist/pro-civil rights even compared to our own timeline, making it likely that Kentucky ends up voting to join the Confederacy on account of the latter’s defense of slavery.
Ironically I have two things in mind in this regard:

In this timeline due to the loss of Antietam Lincoln never releases the emancipation proclamation. This might give it enough plausible deniability, although I feel like I’m the long run abolitionism will be strengthened under future people in the president’s seat.

Also of note is the fact that the confederates under Leonidas Polk forcefully occupied part of it in an attempt to take the “neutral state”, ultimately leading to the Governor and legislature asking for American help. I feel like this would still be something that’s remembered and sorta a sore spot, increasing Union sentiment.

Any recommendations for QGIS tutorials?

Did they raise the ocean floor? Wtf is actually portrayed here? It's very intriguing.
The fact that Caligula declared war on Neptune and had his soldiers stab the water and collect seashells as trophies (which tbh I'm pretty sure he was trying to humiliate them because they refused to get on ships to go conquer Britain), combined with this proposal by some Dutch dude. And we all know what the Dutch are famous for.

The fact that Caligula declared war on Neptune and had his soldiers stab the water and collect seashells as trophies (which tbh I'm pretty sure he was trying to humiliate them because they refused to get on ships to go conquer Britain), combined with this proposal by some Dutch dude. And we all know what the Dutch are famous for.
Ah. Well the engineering capabilities of this Rome and the implications of what else it could do if it has done this are pretty monumental 0:

Actually, I found a much less cumbersome work-around than what I found in the Google search... I went in and did a repair/reset on the Windoze Photo App...
Now, as to why that app would prevent the system from even recognizing a PNG as something downloadable, I don't have a clue :p
I don't think I've actually liked any OS they've brought out since 7... and that was a long time ago...
As a certified "computer person" this sounds like PEBCAK... (Google if you need to)