Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ErvZZZ how did you achieved the Gameboy/retro/pixelated art style ? I want to use but for things like posters, pictures and all.
Save the image as a .png in paint.net going to "Archive" and "Save as" once you finish. Save it in the folder you wish and then you have a page where you can edit the bits. Simple as that.

Last edited:
this was not made by me, it was made by u/PiIsKindOfTasty
on reddit, i just thought it looked cool and wanted to show it
the horror of atomwaffen occupied america
r/imaginarymaps - The Horrors of Atomwaffen Division Occupied America

Starting as a small fringe group of internet "edgelords", the Atomwaffen Division would grow to become one of the most feared groups in the United States. As the country plunged into chaos following the contested 2020 election, the Atomwaffen Division thrived in the chaos, multiplying and spreading off of it like a virus, quickly sweeping through Florida and entering the South. The map was commissioned in 2037 by the UN Reconstruction Committee on the 10th anniversary of the liberation of all former Atomwaffen controlled territories by the United States Front for Democracy and the Combined United Nations American Intervention Task Force. The scars that the Atomwaffen left are still open, as millions of Americans still struggle to find housing, clean water and put food on the table. It is estimated that nearly 60 million Americans, or nearly 1 in 6, died in the Second American Civil War, one of the deadliest in history. It is estimated that 4-12 million were have to perished in the Atomwaffen Extermination Camps, where sexual, racial and ethnic minorities were systematically exterminated in a fashion system to the Nazi terror that crossed Europe 100 years prior. Millions more were worked to death in makeshift mines, factories and other industrial facilities where they were forced to work 16 hour shifts with little food producing raw materials and armaments for the Atomwaffen war effort. Collective Punishment and wiping entire towns off the map was a common practice in Atomwaffen Occupied America. Each circle represents a town that has been lost, but not forgotten, where a larger circle represents a larger victim count. As UN and US troops advanced, the Atomwaffen used captured nuclear missiles in order to stop the advanced, leading radioactive patches across the states and killing millions. While the Atomwaffen have been defeated, remnant cells still lurk in the wastelands, causing terror attacks and being a nuisance to the reconstruction effort. America may move on, but it will never forget the darkest period in her period.

Last edited:
several factors, but i think the main reason the map is so yellow is because this map gives only the largest religion group. For the Calvinist religion in the Netherlands the following joke was invented: “Eén Nederlander, een geloof; twee Nederlanders, een kerk; drie Nederlanders, een kerkscheuring”. (One Dutchman, one faith; two Dutchmen, a church; three Dutchmen, a church split) This means there are more areas in Holland where Calvinism if it would be counted as one religion would be the larger religion. But because they all have there seperate organization mainly created in the second half of the 19th century, they're not. At the same time it must be said that there were indeed Catholic majority enclaves on the countryside in Holland.

View attachment 838468
this religious map from 1850 shows which areas in Holland stayed majority catholic(green)
View attachment 838467
This map shows the degree of irreligiousness around 2010. You're right that irreligiousness is higher in former Calvinist areas and this explains why f.i. Amsterdam flipped from Calvinist on the 1850 map to Catholic.

always found it funny that a big part of why Belgium went for independence was it's Catholicism. All they had to do was wait 150 years!

always found it funny that a big part of why Belgium went for independence was it's Catholicism. All they had to do was wait 150 years!
I consider the belgian revolt a reaction on the authoritarian rule of Willem I. So technically they only had to wait 18 years for the new constitution, which adressed almost all complaints.

Austriackia.png
RevivedSong.png

Borders or no borders?

Also, no complex story for Austria. They just got stronger than OTL. This remembers me to when I started with mapping with IbisPaint, and the first map was of Europe with HOI4 "tiles" borders as template to draw on where Austria was the most OP ever. The Habsburgs just drove out the Ottomans out of the Balkans, had a EU4 Renovatio Imperii and were stronger than the British, Prussians and French.

China is based on this video:

Last edited:
kingdomdutch.png

The map of the Kingdom of the Dutch. This comes from the Landsknecht Timeline I uploaded on the Wikipedia Infoboxes thread.

Last edited:
this was not made by me, it was made by u/PiIsKindOfTasty
on reddit, i just thought it looked cool and wanted to show it
the horror of atomwaffen occupied america
r/imaginarymaps - The Horrors of Atomwaffen Division Occupied America

Starting as a small fringe group of internet "edgelords", the Atomwaffen Division would grow to become one of the most feared groups in the United States. As the country plunged into chaos following the contested 2020 election, the Atomwaffen Division thrived in the chaos, multiplying and spreading off of it like a virus, quickly sweeping through Florida and entering the South. The map was commissioned in 2037 by the UN Reconstruction Committee on the 10th anniversary of the liberation of all former Atomwaffen controlled territories by the United States Front for Democracy and the Combined United Nations American Intervention Task Force. The scars that the Atomwaffen left are still open, as millions of Americans still struggle to find housing, clean water and put food on the table. It is estimated that nearly 60 million Americans, or nearly 1 in 6, died in the Second American Civil War, one of the deadliest in history. It is estimated that 4-12 million were have to perished in the Atomwaffen Extermination Camps, where sexual, racial and ethnic minorities were systematically exterminated in a fashion system to the Nazi terror that crossed Europe 100 years prior. Millions more were worked to death in makeshift mines, factories and other industrial facilities where they were forced to work 16 hour shifts with little food producing raw materials and armaments for the Atomwaffen war effort. Collective Punishment and wiping entire towns off the map was a common practice in Atomwaffen Occupied America. Each circle represents a town that has been lost, but not forgotten, where a larger circle represents a larger victim count. As UN and US troops advanced, the Atomwaffen used captured nuclear missiles in order to stop the advanced, leading radioactive patches across the states and killing millions. While the Atomwaffen have been defeated, remnant cells still lurk in the wastelands, causing terror attacks and being a nuisance to the reconstruction effort. America may move on, but it will never forget the darkest period in her period.
My issue with the map, cartographically speaking, is every icon is red. Bad idea. And the atom weapon usage seems scattered randomly. All of it does. Should include some key locales. I know it's not yours, just giving an observation.

My issue with the map, cartographically speaking, is every icon is red. Bad idea. And the atom weapon usage seems scattered randomly. All of it does. Should include some key locales. I know it's not yours, just giving an observation.
yeah but it pretty good, plus this image kinda is inspiration me to make a tl based on the aftermath and pop culture effects

The Independent Nations of the European Subcontinent, 10 years after the end of Japanese Rule
I suppose Europe is India and the Heglibavia is Pakistan, but does that make Rumelia Burma or Bangladesh? Or does the analogy not go that far, since you gave Egypt to Korea and not to Japan?

but does that make Rumelia Burma or Bangladesh?

I had wondered the same myself. Or to be specific, my first thought was that Rumelia was Bangladesh.

But the nomenclature of its (autonomous?) subdivisions convinced me that it was Burma/Myanmar. With the Greek State, Bulgar State being the same name scheme with stuff like Shan State and Mon State in Myanmar.

You just know there's going to be a war and subsequent split between East and West Heglibavia.
Less east and west, more insular and mainland.

I suppose Europe is India and the Heglibavia is Pakistan, but does that make Rumelia Burma or Bangladesh? Or does the analogy not go that far, since you gave Egypt to Korea and not to Japan?
Rumelia is Burma. Rum is sort of a parallel to Thailand, Persia to Japan, And Egypt is the Vietnam stand in.
Nozu Takamori (just a Japanese name, I picked pair of random ones from the IJA wiki page) is the stand in for Diego Garcia, and Iceland is TTLs Mauritius. The Jurchens are the Russians, and Muscovy is Afghanistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.