Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anarcho-Monarchist Democratic Confederation of Equestria
equestria showcase.png

(DA link)

Last edited:
So I've been thinking of creating a new TL set in a post-apocalyptic world 1000 years after the final great war ended the world as we know it. while i haven't fully decided if I'm going to attempt this TL I did decide to make a map of this new world and thought some of yall may like it

Attachments

• 2100 new world.png
    2100 new world.png
    271.5 KB · Views: 299
Please note that:

1. There is a limit of THREE images. per THREAD, per DAY.

2. If any of these maps are not you own original work you must provide proper credit and reference to where you obtained them.

3. If these are of ypur own original work you need to provide an English Language translation of the legend/key provided.
I deleted this map, because the original is not mine, I worked on it, sorry.

So I've been thinking of creating a new TL set in a post-apocalyptic world 1000 years after the final great war ended the world as we know it. while i haven't fully decided if I'm going to attempt this TL I did decide to make a map of this new world and thought some of yall may like it
Those are some...interesting coastlines. Since I assume that if you make this TL, you won't be going into great detail as how them came to be, do you mind giving us some background non-spoilers?

Question for a map on my To Do list: what would be a good alternate name for a united kingdom of England and France (Hundred years war era POD)? The (French-speaking) ruling class of the Empire want a name for the state as a whole, not liking the division implicit in any title like "The United Kingdom of France" or "England/France and Great Britain."
United England and France. The United Kingdom Of France and Britannia. BTW do you have a link to your deviant art for the maps?

Those are some...interesting coastlines. Since I assume that if you make this TL, you won't be going into great detail as how them came to be, do you mind giving us some background non-spoilers?
Sure. what thoughts that were rolling around in my head were that in the late 2030s or early 40s after a global intervention in a Russian Civil War to secure their WMDs isn't quite 100% successful leads to a limited nuclear exchange. This leads to the world finally agreeing to what the hippies had been hollering for for the last century and dismantling nuclear weapons in every country. While this was seen as a triumph for humanity it unknowingly opened pandoras box to the creation of far more powerful and destructive weapons. Over the next century alliances and national boundaries shift and technology increases tenfold. with the advancements in technology however comes new WMDs as the worlds three main superpowers vie for dominance. vast arrays of satellites equipped with kinetic bombardment rods ranging in payloads from tactical to ones large enough to make Tsar Bomba seem like Hiroshima. Seismic weaponry capable of generating destructive earthquakes along nearly any fault line. and possible more wonder weapons.

in the late 2100s through a way lost to time the end finally comes as war engulfs the planet and these weapons are eventually unleashed indiscriminately across the globe.

If I end up doing this TL it will start a thousand or so years after this apocalyptic war occurs

I wonder if there is a QBAM for a map of everything below sea level was full of water and I wonder if there is a QBAM with the Ice Age Lakes. It seems to be non-existent no matter where I look.

Thanks! You should definitely do one of W. Gibson's Spawn trilogy!
Sprawl. Gibson's Spawn trilogy is from an alternate universe where Todd McFarlane's comic was a much bigger hit, leading to multiple movies, two live action TV series, and a number of novels, of which Gibson's are the most critically acclaimed.

Here is my attempt at Pax Britannica (A HOI4 mod I like).
Pax Britannica.png

Edit: I think that when I changed the color of Japan to show it's Jacobin/basically Communist, I neglected to make sure Korea didn't look similar. Also I forgot Morocco and an artificial sea next to it (because the way the map is set up, it's barely visible)

Last edited:
I am looking for suggestions for a map I am planning. I am trying to recolor the entire Dutch East Indies because in this scenario of mine the Netherlands sided with Central Powers and their colonies got partitioned by the Entente side. I was wondering if anyone knew a quick way to recolor it all at once the DEI with the same color of British Malaya because doing step by step with paint has been a pain in the butt and I always miss a spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.