Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question, how do you do those images in the corners?

BTW love the map!
ty! :) the images are from online, if thats what you mean
i erase the white from the background layer and paste the images beneath the map layers. Then I shrink them and move them around to find a section that fits :)
I hope this awnsers you question ! if it doesnt just lmk ^u^

This is something I've had sitting around in an almost-completed state for a while. Eventually, I stopped trying to be a perfectionist with the pixel art and figured I'd just post it.

Just a standard "Euro-Axis victory/Cold War" scenario, but I mainly did this to practice pixel art and integrating the other fun tidbits on the side of the map. The map itself combines aspects of the HoI4 mod "The New Order" and bobmumby/bfoxius' "Stars, Sickles, and Swastikas," the influences of which I think should be apparent if you're familiar with those respective scenarios. Other than that, there's no real lore, but I'd be happy to bs some into existence if you've got any specific questions!
Axis Victory - Edge of Midnight.png

This is something I've had sitting around in an almost-completed state for a while. Eventually, I stopped trying to be a perfectionist with the pixel art and figured I'd just post it.

Just a standard "Euro-Axis victory/Cold War" scenario, but I mainly did this to practice pixel art and integrating the other fun tidbits on the side of the map. The map itself combines aspects of the HoI4 mod "The New Order" and bobmumby/bfoxius' "Stars, Sickles, and Swastikas," the influences of which I think should be apparent if you're familiar with those respective scenarios. Other than that, there's no real lore, but I'd be happy to bs some into existence if you've got any specific questions!View attachment 807049
What happened in Indochina?

Just a standard "Euro-Axis victory/Cold War" scenario, but I mainly did this to practice pixel art and integrating the other fun tidbits on the side of the map. The map itself combines aspects of the HoI4 mod "The New Order" and bobmumby/bfoxius' "Stars, Sickles, and Swastikas," the influences of which I think should be apparent if you're familiar with those respective scenarios. Other than that, there's no real lore, but I'd be happy to bs some into existence if you've got any specific questions!View attachment 807049
Now that is a fun little idea, I love the information windows to the side. Pixelart is impossible not to appreciate.

The Emirate of Midian​

k9im7e93ysfa1.png

Situated on the extremities of the Hejaz, adjacent to the trijunction between Syria, Arabia and Sinai, lies the small desert Emirate of Midian. An ancient region, to the Jews, it was one of the many enemies of the early Israelite kings; to the Muslims, it was here Moses sought refuge from the pharaoh; to the Druze, it is from here their most revered Shuʿaib hail.

Midian was the last region to be conquered by Muhammad, in AH 9 (630 AD). Subsequent rulers of the area were the Umayyads, until 750; Abbasids, until 969; Fatimids, until 1171; Ayyubids, until 1260; Mamluks, until 1517; Ottoman Turks, until 6 July 1917 when Hussein bin Ali al-Hashimi liberated the Arab peoples.

With the defeat of the Turks, the problem of redistributing the liberated territories arose. Proclaimed Caliph al-Hashimi championed for a pan-Arabic solution, where the lands would be partitioned by his sons and ruled as a single Kingdom of the Arabs. Opposition came from a significant pan-Islamist movement which championed the importance of the Islamic community above Arabic ethnicity or race. Led by a prominent hero of the Arab revolt, Mohammed ben Kalish Ezab, he occupied the city of Tebuk with the support of several Arab tribes as well as the Emir of Jabal Shammar. Faced with a people sick of war and an opponent popular with the public, al-Hashimi conceded Kalish Ezab a swathe of territory stretching from the outskirts of Akaba to Duba as an independent fief on 8 March 1920.

Today the Emirate of Midian splits the Hashemite world in two. To the western Islamic world, it’s a vital passageway to Mecca and Medina, and almost every Muslim west of Syria has passed through its capital Tebuk.

The following is a travelogue of Midian by a Welsh traveller in 1921. Across the Sinai peninsula lies the western coastline of Midian, the two chief towns here are Makna and Tayyib; which lies at the foot of the Jabal Mazhafah chain. The terrain here is dominated by two mountain chains which straddle Wadi Efaal or Aful; the heartland of ancient Midian. The other mountain chain is Jabal Sarwat whose highest peak is Jabal al-Lawz followed by Jabal al-Maqla, which some postulate to be the location where God received Moses. In between these chains lies the aforementioned Wadi Efaal and the largest town of the region, al-Bad, which has numerous wells. Southwards lies sparse wilderness until one again meets the coast of the Red Sea which all lies under the Emirate until the border at the town of Duba; the Emir’s humble port. The flat landscape of the Red Sea coast is interrupted by the highlands which lie about 2 days inland by camel; a further 3 or 4 days of travel, depending on if you follow the meandering road or straight the desert, will bring you to the royal capital Tebuk. Going further east than this is never done except by Bedouins.

Tebuk lies on the still ruined Hejaz railway, which the current Emir and his peers see as a tool of Turkish colonialism. Indeed the still-standing railway station looks more like it was used as a garrison for soldiers than a freight station, and the people of Tebuk seem to be served well by the caravans which pass through regularly. The city itself is big for the region; certainly the metropolis of this part of Arabia with about 13 000 souls. The Emir is seated in the notably modest Tabuk Fortress whose courtyard is not wider than 20 meters across the diagonal. Next to the fortress is the renowned Ain Sukkrah, a spring which once served their Holy Prophet. Close by lies several bazaars, mosques, and residences.

Travelling along the railway northwards one crosses the barren wilderness of al-Hasm which is nevertheless interspersed by a few hamlets and watering stations, for this is the primary route of the Hajj. This stretch of land is known as al-Hasm or Ḥisma, where remains of the great Nabatean kingdom can be found in several hitherto undeciphered inscriptions that have been carved into rocks and cliffside.

A fun quick map showing a world dominated by the never materialized superpower of 1990s Japan. It's a somewhat implausible map with an improbable premise but I'm thinking of leaning into for a post-apocalyptic setting I am been to create.

The gist of it is the US spirals into worse chaos out of the Vietnam War era civil unrest that ultimately results in a constitutional convention that results in a general dissolution of the federal republic, set in the backdrop of rising Japanese economic superpower. Japan inevitably influences the results of the dissolution of the Old USA. The Soviets meanwhile, as this is going on, enter into a simultaneous period of decline similar to OTL that however ends up in a nationalist Russia rising up that fight a series of small wars with its former Soviet Republics. China collapses into a horrible civil war in the 80s while India manages to fill in the gap left by China, leading to a Hindu focused Indian great power rising.

The year is 2020 and the world is utterly addicted to oil, most nations are directly tied to Japan via military-economic alliances, puppeted as quasi-colonial states (ala much of Africa) or occupied by the Japan controlled United Nations. Only nationalist Russia and India stand stalwart against the power of the Japanocracy coming to dominate the world, continuously building a greater nuclear arsenal in response to Japan "facilitating" the American arsenal in the Great Plains.

View attachment 806922
What does "States with Special Consideration to Japan" mean?
Or more personal for Germany?

What does "States with Special Consideration to Japan" mean?
Or more personal for Germany?

States that have have adopted the corporate Japanese economic model and are centers of their respective alliances.

Germany furthermore is in a nuclear staredown contest with the wacko state in the east German state

T

The Emirate of Midian​

k9im7e93ysfa1.png

Situated on the extremities of the Hejaz, adjacent to the trijunction between Syria, Arabia and Sinai, lies the small desert Emirate of Midian. An ancient region, to the Jews, it was one of the many enemies of the early Israelite kings; to the Muslims, it was here Moses sought refuge from the pharaoh; to the Druze, it is from here their most revered Shuʿaib hail.

Midian was the last region to be conquered by Muhammad, in AH 9 (630 AD). Subsequent rulers of the area were the Umayyads, until 750; Abbasids, until 969; Fatimids, until 1171; Ayyubids, until 1260; Mamluks, until 1517; Ottoman Turks, until 6 July 1917 when Hussein bin Ali al-Hashimi liberated the Arab peoples.

With the defeat of the Turks, the problem of redistributing the liberated territories arose. Proclaimed Caliph al-Hashimi championed for a pan-Arabic solution, where the lands would be partitioned by his sons and ruled as a single Kingdom of the Arabs. Opposition came from a significant pan-Islamist movement which championed the importance of the Islamic community above Arabic ethnicity or race. Led by a prominent hero of the Arab revolt, Mohammed ben Kalish Ezab, he occupied the city of Tebuk with the support of several Arab tribes as well as the Emir of Jabal Shammar. Faced with a people sick of war and an opponent popular with the public, al-Hashimi conceded Kalish Ezab a swathe of territory stretching from the outskirts of Akaba to Duba as an independent fief on 8 March 1920.

Today the Emirate of Midian splits the Hashemite world in two. To the western Islamic world, it’s a vital passageway to Mecca and Medina, and almost every Muslim west of Syria has passed through its capital Tebuk.

The following is a travelogue of Midian by a Welsh traveller in 1921. Across the Sinai peninsula lies the western coastline of Midian, the two chief towns here are Makna and Tayyib; which lies at the foot of the Jabal Mazhafah chain. The terrain here is dominated by two mountain chains which straddle Wadi Efaal or Aful; the heartland of ancient Midian. The other mountain chain is Jabal Sarwat whose highest peak is Jabal al-Lawz followed by Jabal al-Maqla, which some postulate to be the location where God received Moses. In between these chains lies the aforementioned Wadi Efaal and the largest town of the region, al-Bad, which has numerous wells. Southwards lies sparse wilderness until one again meets the coast of the Red Sea which all lies under the Emirate until the border at the town of Duba; the Emir’s humble port. The flat landscape of the Red Sea coast is interrupted by the highlands which lie about 2 days inland by camel; a further 3 or 4 days of travel, depending on if you follow the meandering road or straight the desert, will bring you to the royal capital Tebuk. Going further east than this is never done except by Bedouins.

Tebuk lies on the still ruined Hejaz railway, which the current Emir and his peers see as a tool of Turkish colonialism. Indeed the still-standing railway station looks more like it was used as a garrison for soldiers than a freight station, and the people of Tebuk seem to be served well by the caravans which pass through regularly. The city itself is big for the region; certainly the metropolis of this part of Arabia with about 13 000 souls. The Emir is seated in the notably modest Tabuk Fortress whose courtyard is not wider than 20 meters across the diagonal. Next to the fortress is the renowned Ain Sukkrah, a spring which once served their Holy Prophet. Close by lies several bazaars, mosques, and residences.

Travelling along the railway northwards one crosses the barren wilderness of al-Hasm which is nevertheless interspersed by a few hamlets and watering stations, for this is the primary route of the Hajj. This stretch of land is known as al-Hasm or Ḥisma, where remains of the great Nabatean kingdom can be found in several hitherto undeciphered inscriptions that have been carved into rocks and cliffside.
This is great.

Hello everyone, this is the first map I have made in a new TL which for now I am simply calling the Portal TL. I need to find decent data on what types of people settled the OTL American west, just to help me plan this out. Also, this is using the new 16k-BAM that I am working on.
1650_finale.png

What happened in Indochina?
Liberal use of chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons against insurgent forces by the United States and its other allies. The conflict has served as a good excuse for the ITO's military-industrial megacomplexes to test their weaponry. The "free" Vietnamese and Cambodian governments are none too pleased with their land being turned into irradiated wastelands, to say the least, but it's not like they can object when there are probably more GIs in the region than there are natives at this point.

Now that is a fun little idea, I love the information windows to the side. Pixelart is impossible not to appreciate.
Thanks! I had a lot of fun working on it, and while I'm not sure I'll ever go into this kind of detail on a map again, I've got a newfound appreciation for those who do.

Hello everyone, this is the first map I have made in a new TL which for now I am simply calling the Portal TL. I need to find decent data on what types of people settled the OTL American west, just to help me plan this out. Also, this is using the new 16k-BAM that I am working on.
so america is colonizing... itself? wouldn't the downtime colonial powers be a tad scared?

so america is colonizing... itself? wouldn't the downtime colonial powers be a tad scared?
Sort of, its more like an alternate universe that is 250 years behind schedule compared to the main universe, so there is no risk of destroying the modern day. Also, yeah, the colonial powers are going to find their influence suddenly cut off in the Americas.

Nice work! I guess all the other powers oppose Italian sway over Iran?

Status
Not open for further replies.