Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
mg2wpa2srjl91.png

Opinions?

Untitled (4).jpg

Europe, 1992

As the final decade of the 20th century begins, Europe stands at a stalemate. The liberal, capitalist north versus the communist south and east. Following the surge of social democratic politics in the 1980s, the north has expanded it's already commanding lead. Fortunately for the Soviets, Mikhail Gorbachev has recently come to power, promising to open up the country to more liberal reforms. Only time will tell if this works. A special meeting between NATO heads of state including Shirley Chisholm, Margaret Thatcher, Édouard Balladur, Brian Mulroney, and Michael Friedman has been convened to discuss the matter.

mg2wpa2srjl91.png

Opinions?
The Golan Heights, Gaza Strip, and West Bank should all be yellow. The Israelis allowed all Palestinians, and called for all Jews world wide, to come inside so that there wouldn't be over a million Arabs in Israel and their occupied areas trying to help their coethnics sneak inside to safety, this way they could barricade themselves all in.

I forget if they used nukes or not to deal with that profiteer who sold rabies vaccines as if they would prevent zombieism, but if they did then green should be added to Antarctica. I also can’t help but feel the northern areas of Norway would be safer than the yellow when it comes to zombies, though maybe it came on one of those cruise ships that dump one thousand people into a small town at a time, with them walking into private houses and try to use their bathrooms. I think maybe adding a third big color for uninhabited would be good, as it shows where people wouldn’t have been living in the world anyways. Which is maybe 90% of the areas you show as yellow.

The Golan Heights, Gaza Strip, and West Bank should all be yellow. The Israelis allowed all Palestinians, and called for all Jews world wide, to come inside so that there wouldn't be over a million Arabs in Israel and their occupied areas trying to help their coethnics sneak inside to safety, this way they could barricade themselves all in.

I forget if they used nukes or not to deal with that profiteer who sold rabies vaccines as if they would prevent zombieism, but if they did then green should be added to Antarctica. I also can’t help but feel the northern areas of Norway would be safer than the yellow when it comes to zombies, though maybe it came on one of those cruise ships that dump one thousand people into a small town at a time, with them walking into private houses and try to use their bathrooms. I think maybe adding a third big color for uninhabited would be good, as it shows where people wouldn’t have been living in the world anyways. Which is maybe 90% of the areas you show as yellow.
IIRC, The last thing that was mentioned about the vaccine profiteer in the book was that the american government was negotiating with the Russians about not renewing his lease on the antarctic station. The the station being destroyed with a missile is from b_munro's map.

No, the author bizarrely had Israel decide to invite all the Palestinians in and withdraw to 1967 borders.

mg2wpa2srjl91.png

Opinions?
Neat, I am looking for map inspirations for my TL which is set after a Saudi-Iran and Indo-Pakistani nuclear war, and there are places that are crawling with irradiated areas, but I am very confused as to which areas they would cover, and what the state(s) that were hit by nukes would look like decades afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.