Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the Ontong Java Plateau or alternatively the Manihiki Plateau seems to fit the bill of what you are looking for, a third alternative is the "continent" of Zealandia that has been postulated by scientists but, like the others, I've not seen them on any other maps of any size. .
You may need to eyeball them onto a Worlda map yourself.
are there any Worlda maps that have the manihiki plateau and other oceanic plateaus as island-continents?

Last edited:
sure!
ukIqa6c.png
WorldA version that i was too lazy to label :)
AExXUAt.png

TNO 2022.png

The world before the start of 2nd West Russian War (January 30, 2020).
TNO 2022 ALLIANCES.png

Alliances as of January 30, 2020
BLUE - Organization of Free Nations members, partner countries, and puppet OFN-aligned countries
RED - West African Coalition members
BLACK - European League of Nations members
GREEN - Asian Union members

Last edited:
View attachment 738856
The world before the start of 2nd West Russian War (January 30, 2020).
View attachment 738857
Alliances as of January 30, 2020
BLUE - Organization of Free Nations and
RED - West African Coalition
BLACK - European League of Nations
GREEN - Asian Union
Hmmm, did you have the Mediterranean dammed only slightly? There is a lot less land exposed than usually happens in these sorts of maps, plus at places it almost like Italy lost land, such as the tip of Calabria at the Strait of Messina. Plus the disappearance of Istria and the changes to the borders of Epirus. I suppose that is what happens when making even the slightest changes on a map when a pixel is larger than some counties.

View attachment 738878
Thoughts and Comments? Basemap is Worlda 2017 map, countries colored how they were colored in basemap (so yes, that is Palestine).
Is this meant to display things de facto? Is so you should change the color of Belize. Even maps showing Guatemala’s claim on them usually has at least the northern part uncolored. I would say the border of Egypt and Sudan is fine if you are not going with official claims, as even the area near the Aswan Dam that is zsudanese has been flooded anyways, so a straight line of control is practical. I know the border between Rwanda and Burundi does technically look like that, but I thing changing a pixel would be good, as otherwise it looks like Rwanda lost a chunk of land now in shadows. Is that like green the official color we use here for Cyprus? Is so, they probably should consider changing it in the future, as it makes it look like a Turkish satellite. I don’t see Xingiang managing independence and staying in one piece unless this happened early on. Even without all the Chinese people, there are many groups there. I guess it could be like Afghanistan or South Sudan in having a lot of ethnic groups, though. Tibet looks like a Chinese sattelite here and giventhe borders are OTL I assume that they got independence here, as otherwise they would have had much smaller borders, with the Chinese never adding land to them after the Civil War. Though I could be wrong. Mauritania... Got a story behind that? I am sure it could be fun, but Morocco seems like they would insist on getting land, though it seems they got one of Spain’s cities here anyways.

Is this meant to display things de facto?
It is the map for my Timeline Game.
Is that like green the official color we use here for Cyprus? Is so, they probably should consider changing it in the future, as it makes it look like a Turkish satellite.
It is the color for "The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus", the color for cyprus is White I believe.
I don’t see Xinjiang managing independence and staying in one piece unless this happened early on. Even without all the Chinese people, there are many groups there. I guess it could be like Afghanistan or South Sudan in having a lot of ethnic groups, though.
I don't really see it either, that is for those who participate in my Timeline Game to figure out.
Tibet looks like a Chinese satellite here and given the borders are OTL I assume that they got independence here, as otherwise they would have had much smaller borders, with the Chinese never adding land to them after the Civil War.
I was a little lazy when making the map and didn't change colors. Those who participate in my Timeline Game may do either Satellite or Independence.
Mauritania... Got a story behind that? I am sure it could be fun, but Morocco seems like they would insist on getting land, though it seems they got one of Spain’s cities here anyways.
The map officially does not have any official lore, but a possibility that I see for how that happened is Mauritania wanting the land, and maybe a war over the place, resulting in Mauritanian conquest.

The Clone Wars one day before the Battle of Utapau
d7w5hxZ.png

The end of the war is near!
The brave GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC and their mighty JEDI GENERALS prepare to hunt down the evil GENERAL GRIEVOUS. Once General OBI-WAN KENOBI kills that monster in his lair in the UTAPAU system, peace will finally return to the GALAXY.
On the galactic capital, CORUSCANT, the hidden Dark Lord DARTH SIDIOUS prepares to close the trap around the JEDI ORDER and the CHOSEN ONE ANAKIN SKYWALKER who, haunted by visions concerning the death of his wife PADME AMIDALA, finds himself on the brink of the abyss.

Happy 4th May!

The Clone Wars one day before the Battle of Utapau
d7w5hxZ.png

The end of the war is near!
The brave GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC and their mighty JEDI GENERALS prepare to hunt down the evil GENERAL GRIEVOUS. Once General OBI-WAN KENOBI kills that monster in his lair in the UTAPAU system, peace will finally return to the GALAXY.
On the galactic capital, CORUSCANT, the hidden Dark Lord DARTH SIDIOUS prepares to close the trap around the JEDI ORDER and the CHOSEN ONE ANAKIN SKYWALKER who, haunted by visions concerning the death of his wife PADME AMIDALA, finds himself on the brink of the abyss.

Happy 4th May!
I heard that in the voice of Admiral Yularen.

1.png

I decided to practice Inkscape and make another map of my potential new states, this time focusing not on a new state, but an existing state with a change of borders. New York, admitted to the Union in 1788 has long been divided between its metropolitan core and its geographically far larger northern region. While there have been many suggested names for an independent upstate, in this map I'm limiting it to what New York would look like without its more rural Upstate.

Thanks to all my Patreon supporters who made this map possible. All my patrons get early access to my projects before they go live. Please subscribe at: patreon.com/SeanMcKnight

1.png

I decided to practice Inkscape and make another map of my potential new states, this time focusing not on a new state, but an existing state with a change of borders. New York, admitted to the Union in 1788 has long been divided between its metropolitan core and its geographically far larger northern region. While there have been many suggested names for an independent upstate, in this map I'm limiting it to what New York would look like without its more rural Upstate.

Thanks to all my Patreon supporters who made this map possible. All my patrons get early access to my projects before they go live. Please subscribe at: patreon.com/SeanMcKnight
Is there a reason why the state capital isn't just called "New York"?

That way, it can be "New York City, New York County, New York State".

Is there a reason why the state capital isn't just called "New York"?

That way, it can be "New York City, New York County, New York State".
I thought that in this scenario where the city and the state would functionally be the same thing, the boroughs would be dissolved and become independent counties/cities again.

Who reunited Russia?
Basically, the one who reunited Russia is Sverdlovsk under Batov, who peacefully reunified with Western Russian Republic (Komi), Siberian Federation (Novosibirsk), and defeated the Siberian National State (Amur).
Please tell me this is Gang of Four Germany.
Yes, but the spectre of Speer's influence remains and continue to shape German politics.

Hmmm, did you have the Mediterranean dammed only slightly? There is a lot less land exposed than usually happens in these sorts of maps, plus at places it almost like Italy lost land, such as the tip of Calabria at the Strait of Messina. Plus the disappearance of Istria and the changes to the borders of Epirus. I suppose that is what happens when making even the slightest changes on a map when a pixel is larger than some counties
Ah I see, it's my fault because I didn't used any references on that and I just changed random pixels on the map. Though I envisioned that Mediterranean countries agreed to partially re-flood the Mediterranean Sea.

1.png

I think it would make more sense to reverse the state names: New York for Upstate, and New Amsterdam for the City - don't see why the latter name should be given to an area specifically excluding the original New Amsterdam. Either that or keep the New York name for the City, but rename Upstate to New Netherland - the original Dutch province in which New Amsterdam was the capital of.

I think it would make more sense to reverse the state names: New York for Upstate, and New Amsterdam for the City - don't see why the latter name should be given to an area specifically excluding the original New Amsterdam. Either that or keep the New York name for the City, but rename Upstate to New Netherland - the original Dutch province in which New Amsterdam was the capital of.
This is a valid criticism, but I lived in upstate for 2 years and I promise you IRL the name people want for a separate upstate is bafflingly New Amsterdam. Personally I would prefer if it was called Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.