Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
@I want to learn
1578193635597.png

Scrub that, this one will probably work well for a first try. Download and save it & copy it, use the copy to practice on. Always keep a blank and copy it to use. You can crop it if it's too big.

I have been interested in and collecting maps for many years before I started to make them.
I kept the maps I found and started to put them into some sort of rough order.

Recently I discovered Google Drive and transferred my maps to there for safe-keeping.

This means I can make this map resource available to anyone who wants to access them;

EUROPE STORAGE
ASIA STORAGE
AMERICAS STORAGE
AFRICA STORAGE
AUSTRALIA STORAGE
OTTOMANS STORAGE
COLONIZATION STORAGE
SPECIFIC AREAS OR DATES

SHEPHERDS ATLAS
OTHER ATLASES

RIVER AND COAST STORAGE
HISTORIC Q-BAMS SORTED
BOBS DATED Q-BAM BLANKS
BLANK MAPS TO USE
DIFFERENT EARTHS
How big is your hdd man holy shit

Another 3:
(snip)
Your north south lines don't follow lines of longitude, which makes your splits look a little skewed, especially in North America and Australia.

Heh. This may be the one and only time you ever hear me type this sentence: You might be better off using a Mercator projection for these maps.

Not even; Shangri-La is a fictional name constructed from Tibetan; Shambhala is a Sanskrit term. The two languages are not related.
Yeah, the -la ending is common in mountain passes and valleys irrigated by glacial water that tend to have some seriously breathtaking views, and probably were an inspiration for the idea of shangri-la, like nathu-la, cho-la and semo-la

Dagoth Ur

Banned
I have been interested in and collecting maps for many years before I started to make them.
I kept the maps I found and started to put them into some sort of rough order.

Recently I discovered Google Drive and transferred my maps to there for safe-keeping.

This means I can make this map resource available to anyone who wants to access them;

EUROPE STORAGE
ASIA STORAGE
AMERICAS STORAGE
AFRICA STORAGE
AUSTRALIA STORAGE
OTTOMANS STORAGE
COLONIZATION STORAGE
SPECIFIC AREAS OR DATES

SHEPHERDS ATLAS
OTHER ATLASES

RIVER AND COAST STORAGE
HISTORIC Q-BAMS SORTED
BOBS DATED Q-BAM BLANKS
BLANK MAPS TO USE
DIFFERENT EARTHS
Your Slovenia folder should be named Slovakia, and your Croatia-Slovakia folder should be named Croatia-Slovenia

Status
Not open for further replies.