Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Map@2x.png

The Known World

So, last night I decided to go ahead and make a fantasy world, because I love fantasy and need a backdrop for some other stuff/need a reason to make maps. So, this is the known (human) world. I think size-wise this is pretty much the size of Eurasia, maybe a bit smaller. It still goes on for a while outside the map. I have no idea for toponyms, but i'll work on the history and stuff, per a nice worldbuilding guide image I found a few days ago.

I love this map because even after completely shuffling the entirety of the Middle East, it looks at the West Bank and says, "Uh, oh yeah, about that... /shrug"

it does say 1967 borders for Israel so West Bank and Gaza Strip are probably supposed to be under Palestinian control? Unless the original map maker wanted to imply that they would be under Jordanian and Egyptian control for some reason.

View attachment 672592

The Known World

So, last night I decided to go ahead and make a fantasy world, because I love fantasy and need a backdrop for some other stuff/need a reason to make maps. So, this is the known (human) world. I think size-wise this is pretty much the size of Eurasia, maybe a bit smaller. It still goes on for a while outside the map. I have no idea for toponyms, but i'll work on the history and stuff, per a nice worldbuilding guide image I found a few days ago.
Are there cutiepie catgirls?

Arkocento

Donor
Hilariously enough if you type in "Alternate middle east map" On Google Images, The Post shows up,

This map was published in the Armed Forces Journal in June 2006
New Middle East Map. Credit: Ralph Peters/Chris Broz

Strangely, the Original place it was posted doesn't exist, but people reporting on the picture do however, which is Fantastic

On a smaller side note, this isnt the first time hes posted a map without adding any info on who made it, but this is the first time someone addressed it

Strangely, the Original place it was posted doesn't exist, but people reporting on the picture do however, which is Fantastic
The internet is quite old by now, isn't it - to think that at some point somewhere where an image was posted could become defunct but the image itself has been preserved through various secondary contexts all the way to the present.

Courtesy of u/sandcastle116 from Reddit, Mr. Miyamoto, Tear Down this Wall! - a German-style divided Japan. But whereas West Berlin was a capitalist exclave surrounded by communist East Germany, North Tokyo and Ōme (the latter being meant to “balance out” the former's relatively small size, compared to the rest of Tokyo Metropolis) are two communist exclaves surrounded by capitalist South Japan.
z76v5zpjw1b71.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.