Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emelturk1.25x.png

Big turk 2.0

lightly based on my Europa Universalis IV Ottoman run, getting ottorich from ottospice and ottotrade. The kurds got expelled to OTL Colombia.

The map is in Bonne (World) Projection, with central longitude/meridian at 30E, and the central latitude at 30N. Bonne is based and I wanted to make a map in it.
You call that a big Ottoman Empire?

Where is the Ottoman Australia? The Ottoman hegemony over Central Asia? Ottoman Italy? Ottoman Indonesia? :p

View attachment 665806
The aim of this project is to ISOT various cities around the world onto a virgin Earth, at a rate of about 16 'cities' per map. This is the first in the series.
The cities ISOTed were Akureyri, Reykjavik, Algiers, Berlin, Casablanca, Clifden, London, Hammerfest, Longyearbyen, Vardo, Trondheim, Ittoqqortoomiitt, Madrid, Rome, Tripoli, Volochanka.
Trondheim was from Year 1217, but all the others were from this year.
This is a profile of the nation that emerged from Berlin:
Republic of Brandenburg
Linguistic Status: German (97%), Polish (3%)
Militarization: Medium-High
Major Political Parties: Social Democrats, Christian Democrats
Religions: Irreligion (62%), Christianity, Judaism
Current President: Frederick Gutenburg (CD)
Current Chancellor: Roberta Egbert (CD)
Current Vice Chancellor: U.K. Vhayas (CD)
Closest Ally: Norwegian Union
Currency: Euro
Capital: Berlin
Technology Levels: 2000's
I did intend to do a profile for each of the other new nations, but I don't exactly have time right now.
UPDATE:
1626286721711.png

The 'cities' added to the ISOT this time were: Alexandria (641 AD), Cairo, Baghdad, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod (1425 AD), Samara, Syktyvkar, Yekaterinburg, Khanty-Mansiysk, Belushya-Guba, Jeddah, Minsk, Mut, Nyala, Omdurman, and Tehran.
Romano-Egyptian Realm
Linguistic Status: Greek (69%), Egyptian
Militarization: Low
Religions: Christianity (90%), Manichaeism (10%), Islam (2%)
Current Dictator: Cyrus of Alexandria
Currency: Tetradrachm
Capital: Alexandria
Technology Levels: 670's

Arab Republic of Egypt
Linguistic Status: Arabic (99%), Domari
Militarization: Medium
Religions: Islam (100%)
Major Political Parties: Free Egyptians Party, Nation's Future Party, Conference Party
Current President: Hossam El-Khouli (NFP)
Currency: Egyptian Pound
Capital: Cairo

Russia
Linguistic Status: Russian (99%), Tatar
Militarization: Very High
Religions: Christianity (81%), Islam (15%), Irreligion (4%)
Current President: Vladimir Putin
Currency: Ruble
Capital: Moscow

Republic of Nizhny Novgorod
Linguistic Status: Old East Slavic (96%), Russian, Komi
Militarization: High
Religions: Christianity (99%), Irreligion (1%)
Major Political Parties: Monarchist Party, United Russia
Current President: Daniel of Suzdal
Capital: Nizhny Novgorod

Hong Kong and Macao are not separate countries from China, so they are counted under the Chinese color, which is Mongolia.

I don't count the Iberian Union as a country because dynastic union is not the same as state union. The Spanish monarchy did consider Portugal their possession, but not as part of Spain itself.

Germany is France due to the Napleonic annexations as well as Francia before. As for France, Germany had about one third of france, due to the German Empire and HRE, but it was still smaller than the share of Italy.

But Mongolia conquered China before Britain took Hong Kong, no?

And what about British Heligoland as part of Germany?

Northstar

Northstar
It's in proportion of the territory.
For instance, if two thirds of the French territory were gotten from the Romans in the 500s and the rest from the Germans, then it puts the French at the Roman color.
Although, admittedly, I'd say that the Wisigoths held half of that French two thirds until Vouillé, so it might be more accurate to color France Spanish.

UPDATE:
View attachment 666322
The 'cities' added to the ISOT this time were: Alexandria (641 AD), Cairo, Baghdad, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod (1425 AD), Samara, Syktyvkar, Yekaterinburg, Khanty-Mansiysk, Belushya-Guba, Jeddah, Minsk, Mut,

Republic of Nizhny Novgorod
Linguistic Status: Old East Slavic (96%), Russian, Komi
Militarization: High
Religions: Christianity (99%), Irreligion (1%)
Major Political Parties: Monarchist Party, United Russia
Current President: Daniel of Suzdal
Capital: Nizhny Novgorod
I'm gonna be a stickler here but political parties weren't really a concept until probably the 17th or 18th century, and I doubt that Nizhny Novgorod would adopt political parties (assuming this is very shortly after the ISOT occurs).

I'm gonna be a stickler here but political parties weren't really a concept until probably the 17th or 18th century, and I doubt that Nizhny Novgorod would adopt political parties (assuming this is very shortly after the ISOT occurs).

I mean, Rome and Byzantium kinda had political parties.

I'd say it would look more like political interest groupings than ideological parties, but there would still be parties.

Northstar
Heligoland is part of modern Germany, so it is the same color as the rest of Germany
Mongolia had much more china than britain ever had.
It's in proportion of the territory.
For instance, if two thirds of the French territory were gotten from the Romans in the 500s and the rest from the Germans, then it puts the French at the Roman color.
Although, admittedly, I'd say that the Wisigoths held half of that French two thirds until Vouillé, so it might be more accurate to color France Spanish.

The wisigoths had their capital in toulouse france, thus are not foreign to france. The roman ownership is the most recent foreign ownership in about half of france.

Antartica.png

(For those who are wondering, I was too lazy and some technical issues cause me to not make flags for this)
1914: World War 1 begins. British and Russian troops invade New Swabia.
1916: New Swabia falls to the Entente forces.
1919: Treaty of Versailles, New Swabia becomes a mandate to Britain.
1920: Edwardia becomes a Dominion.
1921: With the Russian Civil War going on, Alexandria becomes a stronghold for the white army. As the Bolsheviks push the whites to Siberia, several of them would begin to evacuate to Alexandria.
1925: Alexandria declares independence as the government of the Republic of Russia would flee there.
1929: The Great Depression begins and would affect pretty much all of Antarctica.
1936: The Spanish Civil War would soon enter Valladares, with fighting between various factions occurring.
1939: The Spanish Civil War ends. Nationalists take control of Valladares.
1939: World War 2 begins. Edwardia and Adélieland join the war.
1940: Norway falls to the Germans. The Norwegian government flees to Maudland.
1942: Due to the Fears of Sabatog, Germans and Japanese living in Edwardia (and New Swabia) are moved to internment camps.
1945: World War 2 comes to an end.
1950: Adélieland gain independence.
1956: Independence movement in New Swabia rise calling for Edwardia to leave the state.
1963: Maudland gain independence
1967: Pretty much all of the Antarctic nations would grant civil rights to several of their minoritiese.
1976: Alexandria and the Soviet Union establish diplomatic relations.
1991: The Soviet Union collapsed.
1996: Following a referendum, New Swabia gain independence from Edwardia
2003: The Antarctic Economic Alliance is formed as an economic alliance between the nations of Antartica.
2014: The 2014 Olympics are held in Victoria.

Ethnic cleansing is a really recurring theme in your maps.
Hey initially that was called Osmanarazi, a turkish normal colony. Then after discussing in a server endes up making it W. Kurdistan, where the kurds from Kurdistan got expelled to.

And maybe, everyone needs their own trademark 🦀

Courtesy of u/vlodax from Reddit, a "big Germany" which united after the 1848 revolutions emerged victorious; run as a constitutional double monarchy between the Prussian Hohenzollerns and Austrian Habsburgs.

tmkwtf7zyf971.jpg

lirv6f7zyf971.jpg
Shortly after the German Empire was forged as a result of the March Revolution, the German people faces another challenge. A Franco-German war still occurs in this timeline shortly after unification under similar circumstances as OTL, triggered by Napoleon III. The French, unwilling to accept a huge unified German state right next door, demanded all German land west of the Rhine as a natural border. This is, of course, unacceptable and outrageous to both Prussia and Austria, as well as the Frankfurt government. Tensions rise, sparking a war.

Denmark, who at the time ruled Holstein under a personal union, is not pleased with the new German Empire claiming Holstein (as it was also part of the German Confederation and majority German) and joins the war on the French side, looking to enforce their claims and fearful of a united Germany.

The same goes for the Netherlands, who do not acknowledge Germany‘s conflicting claim on Limburg (also part of the German Confederation). The Dutch also joins the war on the French side.

Napoleon III, who was just installed in power after recently overthrowing the old government, leads an unstable and rather vulnerable nation at the time; but finds himself in an offensive war against the German states and the great powers of Prussia and Austria. The French have difficulties mobilizing their entire force against the Germans, who swiftly take out their allies.

Denmark sues for peace first, defeated by Prussian troops and facings revolts in Holstein by locals who support the German cause. Being overwhelmed and fearing the loss of Schleswig as Prussian troops advance, they accepted peace quickly. The Danes cede Holstein to Germany and acknowledge the unified state, under a guarantee of no further German expansion north into Jutland.

The Netherlands, barely receiving any support from their French allies feel abandoned and launches a failed offensive, facing a much larger German force than they anticipated. The Dutch also sues for peace, losing Limburg to Germany and acknowledge the new German state. Some in Frankfurt called for a full annexation of the Netherlands, which doesn’t happen as it is considered to be too risky to continue the war against the Netherlands with France being the real threat. France is now on its own.

France itself, being poorly prepared is defeated after fierce fighting and forced to surrender as German troops enter French territory. The nation was in no state to fight an offensive war against Austria, Prussia and the German states under one unified banner. This war's peace treaty, however, is not as harsh compared to OTL; it is very fair and rather acceptable for the French, letting them keep Alsace-Lorraine and only having to pay minor war reparations. This is seen necessary to ensure the balance of power in Europe under German dominance, and avoid a future war or coalition forming against Germany. Many in Frankfurt also had French sympathies and looked to France as a potential ally for the German Empire in the future as they believed they both followed the same liberal democratic ideas and were both born out of revolution. (The February Revolution of 1848 in France was the spark that ignited Germany's own March Revolution in the same year, serving as inspiration for many liberals in Germany) Most importantly, France is left with no choice but to accept Germany’s now dominant role in Europe and recognize German unification, which it did not until this point.

In this alternate German nation, unification and Identity is not inherently linked with war, militarism, and Prussia but instead by liberal democratic ideas; having been forged by the people in the Revolutions of 1848 and shaped by an internal balance of power between the Habsburg and Hohenzollern dynasties, the Frankfurt government and the Constitution.

As for Britain, this Germany does not seek colonial holdings and is not very invested in overseas affairs or building a strong navy. Therefore, Germany did not opposes the UK and instead gained British support, as it is seen as a pleasant alternative to the French-dominated European system of the past; which has since lead to considerable instability and radicalization, even to the return of the Bonaparte dynasty to Europe which Britain was deeply worried about. Additionally, both are also sympathetic towards each other since they have relatively similar governmental systems and strong cultural ties.

Germany in this timeline is much more invested in European affairs, but doesn't wish for any territorial expansion as the Empire is believed to be already "saturated"; it would instead serve as a huge stabilizing power and leader in the center of Europe, with only Russia as its main adversary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.