Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
4nacxwuofod61.png

That's right it's that time of year again.

Eight months have passed which means I'm posting another world map. This is part 3 in my timeline The Three Caliphs. Part 1 is here and part 2 is here. (Main) PoD is in the top right.

Here's the religions map in full Q-Bam resolution. Don't mention the Oriental v. Coptic thing. I know.
Smh you could have had the oppertunity for a large anglo-saxon britain.
Oh and Amazing map!
Also: what's your basmap?

Last edited:
When did the Romans reconquer Cyrenaica? There a Columbus ITTL, or was it done by a Norwegian?
The Amathusians nicked Cyrenaica as the Kingdom of Egypt was collapsing. It wasn't so much a matter of conquest as it was a matter of the Amathusians being the richest, most legitimate and most militarily powerful (which didn't exactly say much) family in the region.

Smh you could have had the oppertunity for a large anglo-saxon britain.
Oh and Amazing map!
Also: what's your basmap?
Are you telling me you don't like my federal anglo-saxon-scandinavian semi-theocratic diarchy?
First: how did Suevi Callaecia survive? Second: Why is it so fragmented? Third: Why is there a kingdom of Porto instead of Portugal - the city was called Portugal (Portus Cale - Portucale) before the surrounding region got that name; in this timeline, I would expect it to be called Portugal.

Lastly, and in relation to this map, it's clear that the Suevi states(?) have been conquered by Betica, but why do I still see the divisions on the map? Do they have autonomy?
The Suebi Kingdom was able to resist the Visigoths ITTL by briefly being friends (enemy of enemies, those being the Visigoths) with the Mauretanians. It collapsed as a result Bætican invasions followed by the plague basically decapitating the Suebi state. It then fractured into a bunch of statelets (see Part 2: 1454), one of which grew into the Kingdom of Gallicia here, another one of which was the Duchy of Salamanca , and the rest of which were further fragmented and became subjects of the Bætican crown.

The answer to why it isn't called Portucale is that I didn't know that.

4nacxwuofod61.png

That's right it's that time of year again.

Eight months have passed which means I'm posting another world map. This is part 3 in my timeline The Three Caliphs. Part 1 is here and part 2 is here. (Main) PoD is in the top right.

Here's the religions map in full Q-Bam resolution. Don't mention the Oriental v. Coptic thing. I know.
This is amazing! I never saw any of your previous posts so I spend some time going back and seeing the other iterations of this. Very very cool, hats off to you.

One set of colors of your German/Finnish Occupation legend are swapped (lightest grey for lightest lavender). I'm glad to see hardcore Stalinists didn't exist to stab the greens in the back.

One set of colors of your German/Finnish Occupation legend are swapped (lightest grey for lightest lavender). I'm glad to see hardcore Stalinists didn't exist to stab the greens in the back.
Thanks I will fix that.

The Stalinists hated the Greens but hated the Germans more. Given more time and resources they would’ve gone after the greens.

Thanks I will fix that.

The Stalinists hated the Greens but hated the Germans more. Given more time and resources they would’ve gone after the greens.
Oh for sure, they'd go after any dissenting voices, anyone following Stalin's principle can't do otherwise. Politically the map's TL is better than OTL because your pinks won.... But based on how far the Nazis advanced and the length and progression of the war, obviously the map's TL is a horror show of mass death beyond OTL :( Fortunately it makes for a great graphic and tale.

WIP I may never finish. Basically, it's a Tsarist Russia as Imperial Japan map.
Capture.PNG

Basic (and incomplete, mind you) premise is that Russia and Japan's fortunes flipped in the years before WW1, leading Japan down a worse path and Russia down a more imperialistic route than even in OTL. China sides with the Germans in hopes of getting stronger, but is largely left to fend for itself against the Japanese and British during WW1, as well as it's own rebelling subjects. In the end, the Qing collapse and are replaced by a republic which rapidly modernizes. Meanwhile, Japan falls to a revolution after failing in the Pacific and forms the Eastasian Workers Republic, which absorbs other communist movements in the far east such as the Philippines.

After WW1, the Russians feel a desire for more, especially after being treated with distrust by much of the great powers after the great war. Most of all, the Russians seek to prey on the decaying Ottoman Empire, already carving out a puppet state in Armenia in 1931, and launching an invasion of the rest of Turkey in 1937, seizing Constantinople and butchering the cities population. In 1941, the Russians take over Persia, which results in the newly formed (and pacifistic) Mitteleuropan Federation placing a trade embargo on St Petersburg. In response, the Russians launched a lightning invasion of Scandinavia, hoping such a sudden and quick attack would scare the Federation into complying as they hold Scandinavia for ransom. This move, however, resulted in a declaration of war from Berlin and brought in the other powers of the Tripartite Pact: The Greater America, which seeks to bring It's manifest destiny across the pacific to the Far East and regain it's pacific lands from the Reds, and the British, who also seek to regain there former glory.

While the Federation may have a pacifistic streak after the terror of the great war, the Russian Empire isn't in a much better position. The nation remains largely agrarian and stuck using WW1 to Interwar technology, but they make up for this with mass conscription and a fervent propaganda campaign, instilling a strong sense of martial pride and Orthodox Patriotism into the Russian Army (The Orthodox Church is now the state religion, and it has been slightly reorganized pre-war to emphasize the holiness of the Tsar, and any who disagreed were sent to Siberia. Oh, and the pogroms have gotten worse). In Europe, the Russian advance is going smoothly (On the homefront, a xenophobic propaganda campaign depicting the invaders as the Mongoloid "other" has been going strong), but their supply lines are beginning to be stretched thin, and High Command is more focused on supplying the surprisingly costly war in the Middle East. They reason that once they secure the Oil of the Ottomans, they will be able to fuel there conquest more effectively in Europe, although the truth is neither front is seeing any progress, and neither of the Tsar's allies are interested in backing them up. Only time will tell if the Motherland can secure another victory.

Getting this thread back on track, here's every state renamed based on it's GDP compared to the 2020 QSR Top 50 fast food chains. For example, California is #1 in GDP, so it gets the #1 restaurant in sales (McDonald's).View attachment 618983Sources:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/248053/us-real-gross-domestic-product-gdp-by-state/
https://www.qsrmagazine.com/reports/2020-qsr-50
As a Californian (though I haven’t lived there for years), I think I speak for most of us when I say Nevada got the better deal. Though I suppose it could be worse, given Texas has hot coffee and Minnesota has milkshakes.

Oh for sure, they'd go after any dissenting voices, anyone following Stalin's principle can't do otherwise. Politically the map's TL is better than OTL because your pinks won.... But based on how far the Nazis advanced and the length and progression of the war, obviously the map's TL is a horror show of mass death beyond OTL :( Fortunately it makes for a great graphic and tale.
Who says that pinks are much better? :evilsmile: (are they?)
Otherwise, I agree... and doubt that Soviets could turn the tide that much - after they loose their "heartland" and Caucasus, not to mention civil war among them... But even if I am right, we don´t need every map or scenario to be totally realistic
In fact, I like that map! Only one problem with it - names of some cities seem to be quite distant from these cities (especially Moscow, I was confused at first)

Status
Not open for further replies.