Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross-posted from the OTL Election Maps thread. There's a link to the full-size image there:

If you're like me, you've seen the PVI reported for various US states and congressional districts and wondered, "What about the counties? Or even the state legislative districts? Don't they know there are other things to measure the partisan lean of besides congressional districts and states??"

But since you're not exactly like me, you probably didn't go ahead and make PVI maps for four different divisions of the largest state by population, which I'm sure has been good for your sanity. Had I known what a pain in the ass all those little labels would be, I would've asked somebody else to do it for me :p

So without further ado, here's the current (for today) PVI of California's counties, congressional districts, state senate districts, and state assembly districts:

(snip)

Full-size image

CA PVI (post-2016, small).png

World 1941.png

And here is my interpretation of a TL-191 map of the World, circa 1941. This include some of my headcanon ideas such as the East Indies still under Dutch Control, Manchuria as a Russian puppet state, and an Italian New Caledonia and New Hebrides.

Who did you use for the images of the current German and Austrian monarchs?

Those are pictures of popular figures as far as I know. The German one at least is Max Raabe who is worth a listen if you like Chansons and 20s/30s/40s era kind of music with a modern spin.

de843fr-7ef4a03c-13a9-4106-b624-c44894166405.png

Series 4 – 2020 No World Wars
Map 4.2 – The Great Powers Part 1

The first part of a four-part series showcasing the great powers in "2020 No World Wars" (NWW) scenario.

Links:
Map 4.1 – Worldmap
Not really a criticism, just something I was reminded of by you using Naruhito as Emperor of Japan, but why do people never seem to use the actual current Habsburg and/or German claimant in these surviving A-H/Kaiserreich scenarios?

Seeing how many likes I got on my first WIP Map just makes me smile, anyway, here's the second WIP for the map in question.
A new age reversed.png

I don't care how cursed this realistically is, big Poland make's me happy.

Heh, thanks, I've never said any of the maps I make are supposed to be realistic.

It's more like: "Hey, that's a good idea for a map." Then I get to work.

But regarding Poland, I do have a bit of a explanation, not much of one, but a bit of one.

Russia suffered under a series of terrible Tsars, losing several wars against Poland and Sweden, and internal rebellions and unrest caused by both of the stated.

Resulting in Poland and Sweden annexing Russia and Poland basically becoming TTL's Russia.

As for the big Finland I feel that those who are interested in this map are no doubt thinking about: Originally it was Sweden, but Sweden proper was devastated during the last major war, so badly that the capital was moved to Helsinki. Eventually it just stuck and everyone calls it Finland now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.